Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 Uconnect SW update info

Old 10-10-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The update cd that you received had nothing to do with the Uconnect module SW. It was only for the radio. Uconnect is a separate module with it's own SW version and its update can only be done thru a thumb drive.

Originally Posted by bbolander
I have a 2012 JKUR and Chrysler sent a uConnect update on a CD in June 2013. Seems like you should have got one, maybe check with your Dealer.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
The update cd that you received had nothing to do with the Uconnect module SW. It was only for the radio. Uconnect is a separate module with it's own SW version and its update can only be done thru a thumb drive.
thanks for the clarification, I was just trying to be helpful. I assumed that because Chrysler says on the cd package it is a Uconnect complimentary software upgrade that it was what you were looking for. It is related to screen graphics and the nav system though.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Edited Info (on 10-16-2013) r2dsgn, I streamed audio from the IPhone 5 with the 7.02 SW on it for 24 hrs without the BT signal being dropped at all. I know that it wasn't dropped because the phone was still streaming audio the next day when I came into work and continued all that next day. If the BT signal was dropped, then when I came in to work, the radio would have been on a radio station instead of streaming audio. There was a couple of the dropped packets but not enough to really bother me. I'm not so sure there isn't something going on with your phone. Do a double click on the phones home button, right below the home button will show you all the apps that are still running in the background. slide that app line from side to side to see how many apps are still open. Right above the app will be a page that is opened for the app, gently use your finger nd slide that page upward and off the screen. You'll see the app is now gone from the lower list. Do this for all the apps, then try out the phone gain.

Hey r2dsgn, how are things going. I'll look into this a bit more. I remember messing with it before but I wasn't able to duplicate the issue. When the connection drops out, does the signal & battery indicators on the radio display go off and then back on? Would it be possible for you to look at the USB back lighting on the USB connector in the center console when this drop out occurs. Does the light go off and then come back on?
As for the occasional stutter while streaming audio thru BT, this is a difference in the clock speed of the phone and Uconnect. The phone plays a little bit faster than the Uconnect. A SW update wouldn't fix his issue because it's HW related and the supplier would have to do a HW change. When the speed is slightly faster, Uconnect will try to keep up but occasionally a BT packet will be dropped.
It's kind of like if you were on a tennis court and had ball being shot at you at a slightly fast speed, you may start of hitting them all but there will come a moment that your reflex is not quick enough and you'll miss a ball but then hitting them again and then another miss.
Uconnect's clock speed has been working (and still does) with most phones. I don't think there will be a HW change for this issue because of it working with most other phones. Also in air electrical interference will cause packet loss.

Originally Posted by r2dsgn
xsdbs - I really appreciate the time you take to help all of us!

I came across this after having some nagging issues with my bluetooth and iPhone 5 iOS7.0.2. (but it was doing this before the update to iOS7). Sporadically it is dropping calls and takes a while to connect when initially starting car. I will be connected either talking on the phone or listening to music and it will drop connection, then reconnect, then drop connection again. When audio streaming, it drops sound at least once a minute. As you have previously suggested, I have tried turning off WiFi, hard restart. No change. Any ideas?

I have a 2012 JGC RHB/430N. MFR date: April 2012

I just downloaded the ISO for the SW update to v50. But wanted to see if there was a uConnect update. I came across this thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Last edited by xsdbs; 10-16-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was fixed when I had the dealer replace the wireless/ timing controler. This both fixed the clock that would not keep time and the skipping.

Not sure what role it has but that is what it did.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rdavi
Not sure of Build Date I know the dealer received the Jeep 7/2013. Where do I find the build date? The usual stuff slow clock, streaming music stuttering. I would love to get the text SMS working. I have an iPhone 5 I do know the Dealer is replacing an actual hardware part to help with the clock. I asked about software updates when I went in but they decided to order hardware to fix the clock under warranty. I will get it installed tomorrow so I will be able to update you as to what the actual part was.
I'd be happy to have the 24 hour time on my clock.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

I Updated my radio with this update and it definitely fixed the whole "error occured" issue, but my bluetooth audio still seems to be distorted, especially on the highs... is there anything else i need to do? perhaps delete and repair the device? i have and iphone 5s
Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Galaxy S3 with the 430N RHB unit. Have issues with dropped calls. Have found as a workaround that if the UConnect unit is on AUX, then calls will not get dropped. If on AM/FM/CAT it does drop. I guess we are waiting for Samsung to release an update.

Edit: Forget the above - seems nearly all calls are dropped. There was an exception with one call when on AUX, but I can't replicate it.

Last edited by FreedomTop; 08-06-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Workaround

I found a workaround that seems reliable. I use S Voice (Samsung version of Siri) to dial the call. Call then happens using Jeep's speakers and mics. No drops with this method.

I am looking forward to Samsung getting this fixed, though (or a phone upgrade when it is time in January)
Old 10-12-2017, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if XSDBS is still around or not, but I wanted to thank him for posting all the info and files for updating the Uconnect systems. My 2011 JK's bluetooth audio was horrendous. The distortion when streaming from my iPhone 7 was unbearable. I was really considering the purchase of a newer RHR radio. Finding the files from XSDBS allowed me to update my Uconnect module and it fixed my distortion issue. It is like a new system now. In my search for a solution, I found all of the files needed to get my RHB unit updated to the latest versions including my navigation maps. If you have an RHB radio and need would like to do some updates, let me know and I will post the details.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Reviving a old one here,but I have a 2011 but swapped for a Rbz I think the rbz is a 2014 however, will this still work?

Quick Reply: 2011 Uconnect SW update info