Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 Air horn mounting.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Air horn mounting.

Hi, does anyone have any pics of the mounting location for airhorns in the front grill? Stock horn doesn't scare a fly. Thanks to all who reply.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am subscribing to this one, i would like to see some photos.... My only idea rit now is mounting to the top of my hard top:/
Old 09-28-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

I am also interested. Would be nice to know if a tank is still needed too with these powerful compressors.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so I haven't heard anything yet but been looking thru the grill and on the right side I see 2 tabs with holes in them. I already bought a set o wolo air horns and a short flat 6" plate from home depot. I painted the horns and the plate high heat flat black and will be mounting the horn in the girl and these tabs are on the top right side so I believe I can mount the horns in the grill and the compressor where the stock horn is mounted and still have enough hose without adding extra. Will let you know and post pics when done.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DeathJeep420
...and will be mounting the horn in the girl...
You'd better ask her about it first!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeathJeep420
Stock horn doesn't scare a fly.
Good one. My daughters laugh whenever I blow the horn (not often since it's embarrassing to use that thing if someone cuts you off).
Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had an air horn tucked inside the front bumper, where it was supposed to stay out of trouble.
After each shallow puddle it gave me the silence treatment, then it was hoarse for a couple of weeks before it returned to normal.
"Washing" the front is common in the winter, so I think that the radiator area would be problematic as well.

Waiting for a good idea...

Last edited by GJeep; 09-29-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a good video of putting a wolo bad boy in a 2012 right in front of the driver side cowl.. As for the bigger horns... I have no clue since most of us jeep owners don't like having low hanging diffs and skids let alone extra horns to rip off..
Old 09-30-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
There is a good video of putting a wolo bad boy in a 2012 right in front of the driver side cowl.. As for the bigger horns... I have no clue since most of us jeep owners don't like having low hanging diffs and skids let alone extra horns to rip off..
Yes, good place, but for now it's "on hold":
I'm going to install a second battery. Not sure if the smart battery charger will have enough room next to or above the batteries.
If not, or if it gets over-heated there, it'll have to be moved in front of the driver side cowl, where the temperature is quite lower.

So, where do I put that air horn... on a dedicated trailer?...

Last edited by GJeep; 09-30-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GJeep
Had an air horn tucked inside the front bumper, where it was supposed to stay out of trouble.
After each shallow puddle it gave me the silence treatment, then it was hoarse for a couple of weeks before it returned to normal.
"Washing" the front is common in the winter, so I think that the radiator area would be problematic as well.

Waiting for a good idea...
Look into Howards Horns. On-demand air compressor (no tank needed), show quality chrome, and best of all, removable back plate for easy cleaning of diaphragms. Got a set on the Harley and usually hafta clean the diaphragm after each wash. Simple 4 screws, wipe it off, put screws back. Very loud, and top quality.

Quick Reply: 2012 Air horn mounting.