Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control and Check Engine Light

Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Traction Control and Check Engine Light

Hoping somebody else has seen this before because it doesn't quite make sense to me. Was drivin down the road a few minutes ago and my traction control light and check engine light both popped on at the same time. Didn't have time to get to the dealership before they closed so I pulled in the auto parts store parking lot to get the code read. P0344 I believe was the code( camshaft position sensor circuit intermittent). Not sure what that has to do with traction control though. When I started it back up, traction control light was off but still check engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by doubledjk10:
Eli_Muse (04-19-2020), MathisFam (03-04-2022)
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Could be just a computer hiccup. If it is, the check engine light should go out after 3 good trips.
Or, you could turn it off with a code reader. See if it comes right back on.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well it happened yesterday also but I lost all power from the motor. Put the pedal to the floor and got nothing. Pulled over and turned it off and restarted it and everything was fine after that. Didn't think anymore about it. I'm quite tech savvy but this one has me puzzled haha thanks for the input by the way. Everyone on this forum is much nicer and more helpful than the 5th gen camaro forum I use to be a member of.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doubledjk10
Well it happened yesterday also but I lost all power from the motor. Put the pedal to the floor and got nothing. Pulled over and turned it off and restarted it and everything was fine after that. Didn't think anymore about it. I'm quite tech savvy but this one has me puzzled haha thanks for the input by the way. Everyone on this forum is much nicer and more helpful than the 5th gen camaro forum I use to be a member of.
What year is your rig? Call the dealer and see if a flash update is available.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a 2010. Bought it used about a month ago. Heading to the dealer in the morning. Thought I'd try and get some ammo to use in case they try to give me the run around haha
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having this exact problem now! Please please please let me know what it was before I bring it to the stealership?
The following users liked this post:
CATLowe (07-24-2021)
Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Traction Control and Check Engine Light

Is anybody else having this issue or can shed some light on what the problem was?

I have a 2012 JKU and had the same problem. Traction Control and Check Engine Light came on and loss of power.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was a wheel speed sensor gone bad. Warranty covered even while being lifted.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This happened to me today. Traction control and CEL. Turned it off and restarted and traction light went out. I still seem to have full power but I did just have the engine replaced due to burning oil. Mine is a 2010 53k miles/ 200 miles on new engine. Warranty won't cover the camshaft sensor. Any ideas what else it could be?
Old 10-09-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Having same problem

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering what the outcome was when all of you had this problem. It happened to me this morning. I have a 2012 JKU with a 4" lift on 37s. Throttle body spacer, Airaid intake and complete Magnaflow exhaust, 31,000 miles. I usually ride with my Traction Control off since it sways alot due to the lift & tires and our roads arent that great. I had Traction Control turned off this morning. Got about 4 miles from my house and the Check Engine Light came on along with the Traction Control light. I live in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains so its hilly over here. I noticed that when I would go to climb a small hill on the road, i had no power. Held pedal to the floor & nothing! Once I got to work, I turned the Jeep off, started it up again & the Check Engine Light is still on but not the Traction Control light. I went around the block & it has regained power. Just really strange.

Last edited by OleROOB; 10-09-2015 at 05:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
zman23 (10-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Traction Control and Check Engine Light