Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 JK Fog Lamp Circuit/Appropriate Stud-Mount Off-Road Light Questions:

Old 05-13-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JK Fog Lamp Circuit/Appropriate Stud-Mount Off-Road Light Questions:

I recently purchased a 2014 Wrangler with factory fog lights in the bumper. The front bumper was replaced almost immediately with a Smittybilt XRC Mod unit so a winch could be added. I soon discovered there was no place for my factory fog lights. I would like to retain the factory fog lights and switching system functionality through the TIPM or find a stud-mount replacement light to sit on top of the bumper (obviously the lights would have to stay within the Fog Lamp Circuit limits).

I've read where the factory H16 bulbs use anywhere from 24 watts to 37 watts each. What is the acceptable wattage range for each the right and left fog lamp circuits? Is anyone familiar with an appropriate stud mounted LED offroad light (considering the Rigid D2 Wide)? I see no reason to add a relay and unnecessary wiring if I can accomplish my goals with the factory circuits.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-13-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The fog light bulb from 2012-2014 is actually a PSX24W. They're 24 watts.

The H16s can be used but the base must be slightly modified (shave a couple tabs off).
Old 05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 with an aftermarket bumper. I added the Inspired Engineering cube lights. Things are great, like the Led you mentioned but with plug and play connectors. They are members of this forum check the out. All good things to say about them.

As for adding lights and relays no need with theses lights
Old 05-13-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdavi
I have a 2012 with an aftermarket bumper. I added the Inspired Engineering cube lights. Things are great, like the Led you mentioned but with plug and play connectors. They are members of this forum check the out. All good things to say about them.

As for adding lights and relays no need with theses lights
That helps tremendously. Thank you!

Quick Reply: 2014 JK Fog Lamp Circuit/Appropriate Stud-Mount Off-Road Light Questions: