Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 JKU Infinity Stereo Wiring

Old 08-28-2016, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JKU Infinity Stereo Wiring

I am trying to replace the stock 130S/RES head unit in my 2014 JKU with a Joying unit. The stock unit has uConnect and Infinity amplifier. The plug from the amplifier has only 4 wires that carry audio (circled in red in image below). The other wires are power (pin 1, yellow), ground (pin12, black), and CAN +/- (pins 2 and 13).

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox(08-27-14-26-41)(3).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	655506

The four audio wires are left +/- and right +/-. The factory amp uses those signals to control the front speakers, the sound bar speakers, and the sub-woofer.

The factory head unit can control balance and fade. I am stumped. How does the factory radio control fade? I can see it controlling balance with just left/right speaker wires but fade implies it is sending so data to the infinity amp to control front/rear distribution. Is that sent via the CAN bus?

The Joying unit is unable to control either fade or balance. The unit drives all speakers if I set fade/balance to neutral. But if I manipulate it much I lose sound from the soundbar and sub-woofer.

Any ideas?

Chuck

Quick Reply: 2014 JKU Infinity Stereo Wiring