Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

4 ohm vs 2 ohm

Old 05-07-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently I didn't automatically get subscribed to my own thread. I didn't know you guys were still discussing.

I think my problem might have been the source. I was using a mini thumb drive that I had my music loaded onto. Bass seems to be lacking when using it. When I switched to my iphone through aux (i have the equalizer on it set to rock or bass boost or something like that), it sounded much better. I'm still not positive it's putting out the same bass that it did before the Polks were installed, though.

Collyn, I tried the fader/balance test, and the two speakers sounded exactly the same to me. I think I have them wired correctly. As far as being flush enough, I have no idea how to check that. The stock hardware goes through the grill and the adapter at the same time, so the speaker adapter gets bolted to the soundbar under the speaker cover. There's no way to see how flush the adapter is. I also stuffed a bunch of polyfill up in there before I bolted everything back up.

I'm thinking about getting that little Rockford in-line rail amp to put in line between the amp and the sub, and swap out the stock sub with an Audiopipe 8" that I've had sitting in my closet forever. Do I need to get anything else to run that amp? Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 Punch 300 Watt 2-Ch Boosted Rail Amplifier: Electronics

Quick Reply: 4 ohm vs 2 ohm