Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

The 430n...what a pos

Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 430n...what a pos

Seems that most functions on this radio are poorly executed or just not working at all. I've had the radio for a couple days and ill admit im not expert on it. The radio stops playing for 15 seconds or so to say you have a new text from an unknown number that it actually has saved. This is almost absolutely pointless but most certainly irritating. People should start making custom roms for these like they do the cell phones. This is my only complaint about the new Jeeps.

Last edited by madmocasin; 11-02-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 430n doesn't tell me if I have a text message. I have my iPhone synced throughout the Bluetooth so it will stop playing music when I get a call, but not for a text. Are you saying yours stops when you get a text through your phone?
Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know that's a feature that can be deactivated. I don't remember how, but I know I changed mine so it doesn't treat a text like a phone call.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

It could be an issue with my s4 and not the radio. I tried several "fixes" such as unpairing and repairing the bluetooth which seems to sort of work but then it goes back to the wonky BS. I changed notifications to off for texts and it still does it. I got out of my Jeep to go to autozone and when I got back in instead of contiuing to stream bluetooth music like i had been when i stopped it switched to Sirius. I got a text right after i got back in the Jeep and got no audio notification while in Sirius. My mom has a honda and when she gets a text it lowers the radio, tells her who the text is from, then reads it out loud automatically meaning she doesnt have to tell the phone to read the message. That is awesome and i wish the 430n did just that. I would like to try to get in touch with one of the software developers for this device, if they even have one.

Last edited by madmocasin; 11-02-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Just an update. 4.4.4 android update has corrected the incoming text message error. Still can't get album art displayed and I would really like to see it. When buying an aftermarket radio, album art is one of the few necessities
Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine works perfect. You must have problems
Old 11-06-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine works fine but I use my iPhone via a usb connection. I don't use the built in jeep stuff.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Well I'm streaming music via bluetooth with my s4 and I get no album art. I get no album art from any source right now. I'm running the latest software...like 51.xxxxx
Old 11-08-2014, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Automotive interfaces are usually two/three generations behind when compared to phone based interface technology. Very few car companies are current. Unless you have something like Tesla or use a third party radio unit you will have these types of issues. It's seems to always have been that way. I travel a ton and even most rental cars lack a USB interface. Crazy.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDoubleD
Automotive interfaces are usually two/three generations behind when compared to phone based interface technology. Very few car companies are current. Unless you have something like Tesla or use a third party radio unit you will have these types of issues. It's seems to always have been that way. I travel a ton and even most rental cars lack a USB interface. Crazy.
Even the tesla outdated with only 3G tech

Quick Reply: The 430n...what a pos