Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" Hanma L.E.D. Condensation........

Old 05-25-2013, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 50" Hanma L.E.D. Condensation........

OK so I got a Hanma L.E.D. and it had condensation in it soon after installation..... I took it apart today to re-seat the gasket with no avail.... Condensation came back with in minutes of reinstall.... Gonna try again tomorrow...... Any other ideas on a fix? Or does anyone wanna buy a light for $400 if I can't fix? Light works great.... Just annoying condensation on passenger side........
Old 05-25-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Jedi

Here's a picClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369521797184.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	461541Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369521811353.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	461542
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
OK so I got a Hanma L.E.D. and it had condensation in it soon after installation..... I took it apart today to re-seat the gasket with no avail.... Condensation came back with in minutes of reinstall.... Gonna try again tomorrow...... Any other ideas on a fix? Or does anyone wanna buy a light for $400 if I can't fix? Light works great.... Just annoying condensation on passenger side........
Its been raining the last two days up here and the humidity was high in northern jersey probly the same down by you? Try bringing the light inside the house, get a dehumidfirer in the room and take it apart, let it sit for a couple of hours and put back together. Also you could try using a hair dryer to blown hot air through the light to help dry it out but be careful no to get it too hot and melt something.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeepnutt
Its been raining the last two days up here and the humidity was high in northern jersey probly the same down by you? Try bringing the light inside the house, get a dehumidfirer in the room and take it apart, let it sit for a couple of hours and put back together. Also you could try using a hair dryer to blown hot air through the light to help dry it out but be careful no to get it too hot and melt something.
Tried that.... Did it in the house.... Past two days are gorgeous here in snj with no humidity either but I did do it inside just to be safe and I did use hair drier on it.... Think my seal is just bad
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanma Quality

And . . .

I have a question.... I bought a new 50" Hanma L.E.D. light bar and installed it about a month ago. . . . Within a day I had condensation in the one side of the lens (to which I know it's just a rubber gasket that I can re-seat and fix problem). With in two weeks, if that, my light started "bronzing" i would call it. I have been tossing up the idea of just replacing the light and buying a new one, and chocking this one up as a loss cuz I don't know if painting it will effect the heat dissipation off the fins.

Ouch - sorry about your bad luck. I bought a couple of their small "D2 style" lights, but haven't installed yet. Hope I don't run into the same issues. You have any of their smaller bars or "D2 style" units, and if so, what's your experience?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi

All my light ts are Hanma and I have nothing but good things to say about them.... I just got a lemon it looks like.... I took it apart twice now.... I painted the front rails so u only see bronzing from above but I even put black make a gasket on the sketchy part of the rubber gasket and im still Gettin condensation.... It's gotta be coming from somewhere else........ U should be fine.... Put ur lights on and enjoy!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Can you not send it back for a replacement?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Can you not send it back for a replacement?
If I wanna spend $150 for shipping to Japan.... I'm just gonna leave it alone for now..... When I get the money is be contacting Eric over at Offroad Elements for a new 50" light
Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

If I wanna spend $150 for shipping to Japan.... I'm just gonna leave it alone for now..... When I get the money is be contacting Eric over at Offroad Elements for a new 50" light
That's the bad thing about buying things on eBay sometimes...
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
That's the bad thing about buying things on eBay sometimes...
Didn't buy it off ebay....if I got it off ebay it would have been replaced already! Ebay has EXCELLENT customer service.... Got it off a member here who has a connection to Hanma..... Even with him knowing a sales rep from them I still would have to pay the $150 for shipping, but they will replace the light..... But I don't wanna wait four months for shipping there and back and it cost $150 too......

Quick Reply: 50" Hanma L.E.D. Condensation........