Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" Light Bar wire routing?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50" Light Bar wire routing?

I installed a 50" Light Bar on my 2015 JK Rubicon running the power cable down into the cabin through the door weather stripping hiding the cable and large plug/play connection behind the plastic pillar trim then through the firewall....... I now have water leaking at the door when it rains, car wash etc. Running the cable under the pillar light bkt is impossible. Running it along an edge of the light bar pillar bkt is not practical due to the plug/play connection. Do I cut out the plug/play connection and splice? Run it along the bkt, and if so where do you enter the eng compartment when you route it on the exterior? Is there a way to keep it where it is and prevent leaks by notching the weatherstrip and using silicone? Please let me know what has worked for you.....
Old 03-31-2017, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't you just run it down along the bracket? That's what 99.9% of people do. I also have a quick disconnect and have no issues doing it this way. I undid the torx bolts for the cowl and just ran the wire inside the cowl next to the windshield. The wire looks like it'll get pinched, but it's not as bad as you would think. I ran the wires from there, around the hood weather stripping and into the engine bay. I couldn't imagine notching the door weather stripping just to run the wire. Thats a terrible idea. Of course you have leaking now.

Quick Reply: 50" Light Bar wire routing?