Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

7" projector head light

Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernnz
Jason, there are a few different ways to do it on a budget.

Look for "6024" or "Hella 6024" or "Sylvania H6024". You can find those in $12 - $50 price range each. Pay as much as you want. That will replace the reflector which some people think is the first problem with headlights.

That will also change your headlight type to H4 from H13 so you will have to make or buy an adapter. That is about $50.

Finally you will need bulbs. You can get any wattage H4 bulb or you can get a H4 HID kit.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/headlight-options-81868/ has a complete shopping list at the end.
Thanks buddy but I'm not lookin at a budget haha. Clint sounded like he had projectors. I've got my mind set on either projectors or the LED headlights. I'm just curious if he has the one's screamin lizard has or if he found some other ones. Thanks tho.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
Hey Clint, which HID's are you running? How are the high beams and what kelvin temp.? Much appreciated thanks.
I definately can't answer these detailed questions as I am simple minded. Screaming Lizard Customs sells them and can help you out with those questions. They are brand new and developed by one of our north Texas members. These are true HID systems, and not just cheap bulb replacements. Compared to stock, you don't even need the high beams. These are setup so that the light itself is always constant. High beam actuates a focusing 'shade' around the light to allow it to spread out further.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
Thanks buddy but I'm not lookin at a budget haha. Clint sounded like he had projectors. I've got my mind set on either projectors or the LED headlights. I'm just curious if he has the one's screamin lizard has or if he found some other ones. Thanks tho.
Yes...I have the SLC ones. They are true projectors. You won't be disappointed in the light output. I can't even tell that my stock fog lights are on when these are on.

Quick Reply: 7" projector head light