Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

730 rhr navigation prompt issues

Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 730 rhr navigation prompt issues

HI all. I have a problem with my 730 RHR unit in my 2012 jk. Everything works fine except the turn by turn prompts in the navigation. I can hear the radio muting. But, the prompts do not come on. I tried raising the volume and checking off the appropriate selection to allow the prompts to turn on. However, it still does not work. My JK did not come with an RHR so I purchased one off of Ebay.(this was my first mistake) But, I want to see if it’s a quick fix before I open a complaint issue with eBay.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

How did you hook it up or what did you hook it up to?
If you had the base model with the stock bare few speakers... perhaps it is attempting to send to a specific speaker that you do not have in your setup.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

FWIW I have an 11 sport that I also added a 730 from eBay n mine does prompt via the front speakers on every turn by turn. What version do you have? If it's 1.9 or below there is an update you could perform that may fix your issue
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default 730 rhr navigation prompt issues

CoreyZ

I have the Sahara model that had the Uconnect in it. I placed an RER in the jk and it worked fine. But, the steering wheel controls for the phone and Uconnect was not working. So, being anal I wanted them to work. So, I purchased the RHR. I assume that it's either defective or it needs to be updated.

Cet99

I have to check what version I have. I emailed the unofficial MyGIG web site and they told me to check what version I have. I will be doing that this afternoon.

Thanks guys
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well if CET was able to upgrade his radio from the base 130 to the 730 and have it work, then it isnt what I was thinking it could be. I thought perhaps the amp that only came in the 430/730 was what split out the signal and output the voice to the correct speakers. Good luck figuring it out and hope its an easy fix for you!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation 730 rhr navigation prompt issues

Hi guys, I updated the radio with the newer version and everything works great. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 730 rhr navigation prompt issues