Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding Fog Lights and controlling from stock switch. How to?

Old 03-20-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of light output from Inspired LEDs? Thanks.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Fog lights to 2007 JK X

Originally Posted by mikepov
I added fog lights because my jk didnt come with them all i did was hook them up to a relay with the trigger wire tapping into the parking lights....so wenever u put the parking or headlights on the fogs go on. End of story simple and no extra switches in the interior
Looking to do the install described by mikepov. (having the trigger wire come from the parking lights). Does anyone have a picture of the splice into the parking lights? What color wire should I tap into for the trigger wire at the parking light? Thanks!

2007 Wrangler JK X model, with no factory fog lights or OEM factory fog light switch.

FYI: I tried tapping into the wire that runs across the inside of the front bumper. It is not live, and not activated when the parking or headlights are turned on. I am guessing it requires the factory OEM switch installed on the column which seems like a pain, so I will go with the parking light trigger wire.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Adding Fog Lights and controlling from stock switch. How to?