Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

adding oem power windows and locks to 14 JKU HELP!!!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks

You can find the 2.8mm terminals for the power windows and locks at theelectricaldepot.com. They are not exact(just a little taller), but they fit in the oem connector and lock in place. They stick out of the top of the connector a little but there is no way for them to short out on anything as long as the connector is put back in its original spot. I bought 50 of them to have and used them to install OEM power locks using an aftermarket keyless entry module to make them work on a 2016 JKU.

Last edited by mnoble616; 05-19-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default direct link

Originally Posted by mnoble616
You can find the 2.8mm terminals for the power windows and locks at theelectricaldepot.com. They are not exact(just a little taller), but they fit in the oem connector and lock in place. They stick out of the top of the connector a little but there is no way for them to short out on anything as long as the connector is put back in its original spot. I bought 50 of them to have and used them to install OEM power locks using an aftermarket keyless entry module to make them work on a 2016 JKU.

Hello, Would you be kind enough to provide the direct link from theelectricaldepot.com. I was searching and got overwhelmed with the results. Thanks. Just ordered the OEM power latches and harness and will soon start the project

Mike
Old 06-26-2017, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=mikem302;4296604]Hello, Would you be kind enough to provide the direct link from theelectricaldepot.com. I was searching and got overwhelmed with the results. Thanks. Just ordered the OEM power latches and harness and will soon start the project

Mike[/Q

theelectricaldepot.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_ in_description=1&zenid=03c71e827594c90f5916312decd de529&keyword=54001801&x=9&y=4
This will take you to the exact item. For the rear hatch lock I converted the old plug to a four connector plug by drilling out the back of the plug and cutting two wires from old front door harness and using them as my connector.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=mnoble616;4296606]
Originally Posted by mikem302
Hello, Would you be kind enough to provide the direct link from theelectricaldepot.com. I was searching and got overwhelmed with the results. Thanks. Just ordered the OEM power latches and harness and will soon start the project

Mike[/Q

theelectricaldepot.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_ in_description=1&zenid=03c71e827594c90f5916312decd de529&keyword=54001801&x=9&y=4
This will take you to the exact item. For the rear hatch lock I converted the old plug to a four connector plug by drilling out the back of the plug and cutting two wires from old front door harness and using them as my connector.
Perfect! and thanks a million. For now just doing the 2 front doors. Then will tackle the rest.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mnoble616
Thanks for posting this, just what the doctor ordered!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Question Need help with upgrading to oem power door lock wiring on 2015 JKU

Hi,

Can anyone help with the wiring who have upgraded their JKU from manual to oem power locks?

Did you replace the wiring harness in all four doors or did you utilize the existing harness, and just run additional wiring from the power actuators? Also I have the 18g Female and Male connectors, part #s Terminal-18 Gauge Female - Mopar (68316927AA) and Apex 2.8 Male Unsealed Terminal (ak Delphi 10762775); Did the male and female components fit into the quick connects in the door and body sides, or was there any additional challenges that I have not accounted for?

Once the quick connects are wired and connected on both sides, the body side door wiring will routed to the aftermarket security system to complete the circuit.

One other question, can I use the existing connectors to the manual door actuators, and just wire in two additional cables for the power actuators... or will that not work?

Quick Reply: adding oem power windows and locks to 14 JKU HELP!!!