Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Airbag wRning light

Old 09-25-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag wRning light

My airbag warning light has been acting funny lately. It has been coming on, and staying on. But then once I turn the engine off and turn it back on, the light will stay off. But as of yesterday, the light has stayed on continuously with the engine being on. I know the manual says to take it to the dealership. Any other ideas before I do this?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Depending on what year your jeep is, sounds like the clockspring is bad, there is a warranty on it i would check that out, dealer in colorado quoted me 400 bucks found the part online and if your a little handy you can do it yourself in an hour and for half the price there is an awesome write up in the member write up section
Old 10-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
Depending on what year your jeep is, sounds like the clockspring is bad, there is a warranty on it i would check that out, dealer in colorado quoted me 400 bucks found the part online and if your a little handy you can do it yourself in an hour and for half the price there is an awesome write up in the member write up section
X2 - common to be clock spring. Or loose connection under seats/on air bag circuit.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

My light came on last week. I had it at the dealership today and the OCM is bad. It's a $ 400.00 part.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
This was the first I've learned of this "Airbag Warning Light" Had to look it up in the manual and they say take it to a authorized dealer? Those 2 words alone sounds expensive.

It looks easy enough and thanks for the tip on.....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...cement-273201/

Quick Reply: Airbag wRning light