Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Amazon light bars

Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazon light bars

I'm looking for LEDs for my hood and the pillars, I will use them occasionally when I take the jeep out but to be honest will be more for the looks seeing that it is my DD. My question is has anyone ran the lights from amazon, like the ones that are only 18/20 watts and for the pillar and maybe 100watt or something for the 20 inch?

Like I said they are more for the looks but will use here and there that's why I really do not want to spend 500 bucks on lights seeing they are just an accessory.

And then last would be say I bought the light bars are they mountable to most mounts, regardless of brands?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G62...110_SY165_QL70

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C0S..._SS115&simLd=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NC8...&pi=SX200_QL40
Old 09-11-2014, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by groth797
I'm looking for LEDs for my hood and the pillars, I will use them occasionally when I take the jeep out but to be honest will be more for the looks seeing that it is my DD. My question is has anyone ran the lights from amazon, like the ones that are only 18/20 watts and for the pillar and maybe 100watt or something for the 20 inch?

Like I said they are more for the looks but will use here and there that's why I really do not want to spend 500 bucks on lights seeing they are just an accessory.

And then last would be say I bought the light bars are they mountable to most mounts, regardless of brands?

2x 4" 18W 6 CREE LED SUV Off-road Boat Headlight Spot Driving Fog Light + Mounting Bracket:Amazon:Automotive

120w Light Bar Led Cree 20" Spot Combo Work Off Road Fog Driving 4x4 Bumper Rock:Amazon:Automotive

Robot Check
I don't know about those lights specifically, however I am running 2 sets of the following lights:

http://amzn.com/B00EPKV7OE

One is installed as lower windshield lights, obviously, and the other set replaced my fog lights. I don't have any complaints at all, tbh. Very bright, and they seem pretty stout. Can't complain about the extra money in my pocket either. The price point of those however.. Very interesting.. I'd say it would be worth a try, at the very least. 34 bucks isn't exactly a waste if they don't work, lol.

The light bars should be able to be mounted regardless of brand, for the most part. Obviously rigid mounts are pretty much lined up for their own lights, but everyone else pretty much makes theirs accessible to every other make.

Last edited by KCCO JK; 09-11-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever size lights you want and wherever you want to install them doesn't much matter... just make sure the LED lights you buy use CREE LED's. I just purchased the first set you have listed here for my wife's Jeep. Nice quality and the brightness is good.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darkknight1999
Whatever size lights you want and wherever you want to install them doesn't much matter... just make sure the LED lights you buy use CREE LED's. I just purchased the first set you have listed here for my wife's Jeep. Nice quality and the brightness is good.
Awesome that is what I want to hear haha. Second part is do they come with all the wiring harness with relay and switches or do I need to purchase them separately? Especially the one I listed and you bought?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome that is what I want to hear haha. Second part is do they come with all the wiring harness with relay and switches or do I need to purchase them separately? Especially the one I listed and you bought?
You have to buy and install that stuff separately. It's just the light with a short wire whip you splice onto.

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the JK-Forum app
Old 09-15-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

The led light pods are literally all the same, from china, regardless of brand (90% atleast) you can buy aux light and switch kits and harnesses at almost any car auto parts store and Walmart. Just buy whatever the cheapest price pods with cree LEDs as mentioned. No point paying a company to be the middle man. Alibaba.com sometimes has lights for cheaper
Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

So i am about to pull the trigger and go for the ones on amazon since 30 bucks they fail well it's not that big a deal. I am buy 2 pairs because I am buying a dual mount for the pillar.

My questions are I will buy the mount and the lights, then will obviously have to buy a wiring harness with a relay? Mistake me if I am wrong.

Then do I need anything else? I will probably just throw the buttons someone since not sure which panel I want and it is only two buttons. But from there is it pretty much self explanatory and just follow the wires match them up and good?

Sorry I'm not good with wiring shift and electricity haha not sure if I need to do anything else.

The lights I'm getting are attached in a previous comment but below here is the wiring harness, is this fine or better one or what?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D1C...&pi=SY200_QL40
Old 09-20-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have insight on this since I'm no electrician lol
Old 09-20-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

You can just grab a relay, and two inline fuses for each setup. U will also need wire. It's not much tougher putting together yourself but if you weren't good electrically- springing for any harness that can handle load(amp draw) would be worth it
Old 09-21-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

You can just grab a relay, and two inline fuses for each setup. U will also need wire. It's not much tougher putting together yourself but if you weren't good electrically- springing for any harness that can handle load(amp draw) would be worth it

Quick Reply: Amazon light bars