Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Amp Install Under Rear Seat in JKU

Old 06-06-2017, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp Install Under Rear Seat in JKU

I want to mount an amp under the rear seats in my 2012 JKU. I have lock boxes under both front seats and I use the storage area in the back. There looks to be plenty of room under the seats but it doesn't look like anyone mounts amps there. Why not? Is there a reason not to mount amp(s) under the rear seats or anything I need watch out for?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Well, the biggest draw back is the rear seat would no longer fold down as the amp would be in the way. If that is in no way an issue for you, then can't see another reason why not to put it there. That is a deal breaker for 99.9% of JKU owners.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Well, the biggest draw back is the rear seat would no longer fold down as the amp would be in the way. If that is in no way an issue for you, then can't see another reason why not to put it there. That is a deal breaker for 99.9% of JKU owners.
Well crap! Putting the back seats down is a must. They are actually down most of the time. I hadn't thought about an issue folding them down. Thanks for the insight!
Old 06-06-2017, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

What part of Iowa are you in? Just curious. I spent some formidable years growing up in Atlantic, IA.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
What part of Iowa are you in? Just curious. I spent some formidable years growing up in Atlantic, IA.
I'm in a Quad Cities, so the other side.

Quick Reply: Amp Install Under Rear Seat in JKU