Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows

Old 03-25-2008, 02:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
............the rear switches come illuminated in the green I wanted but they're a slightly different size than the front so aren't transferable, but they also mount in an angled charcoal grey bezel that you can put directly on the door...or you can run 'em into the center console where the stock rear switches would be...I used the door mounting bezels...
Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
The install looks great & clean....Can you post pics of the rear switches that you mounted to the doors...Thanks...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

oh bloody..

now i guess i get to see for myself if that door panel trick in my write up works.

Question. Do the motors seem adequate for the job? Do they strain like aftermarket kits usually do or do they seem over powered like factory ones?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

CAN SOMEONE SAY write up
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsokitsgot4wd
Do they have a power soft top option as well?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

I gotta admit it looks really good and for 500 bucks you can't beat it, i had to buy an aftermaket kit for the wiring, switches, and door hole plugs. The motors and regulators i baught oem and i'm happy with how it turned out, everythign works great... but this kit, does it have harness clips to unhook it at the door for removing the doors? and what do the rear door switches look like?

thanks, seems like a great deal, almost makes me wish i would have waited
Old 03-25-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great how long did it take to install? and how did you install the motor and mechanism? you need like step by step pics lol good job though
Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, lots of hits...ok, the kit comes complete with motors (and the windows fly fast fast, tons of power), new regulator with metal (not plastic like OEM) retainer for the window glass, wiring harnesses with quick disconnects that can be placed where the original door wiring harness disconnects go (so you can remove the doors just as if it came original with power windows) and the switches with all the wiring plugs for proper electrical connections.
....guessing I should have taken pics of the whole process...I put the windows in about a week before I joined this forum so sorry....everything in the kit, regulators, motors and switches are all designed to mount exactly where the original OEM power stuff would be.
...should anyone out there decide to purchase the kit and once they get it they look at the absolute mess of wires and think to themselves what on earth do all these wires do, just pm me and I will do everything I can to help...the instructions are bang on though with pics of their own.
Dismantling and getting the motors and regulators into the doors is really the easiest part and should only take about 20 min a door, especially once you get the hang of it from the first one....the pain is running the wiring under the dash, I personally didn't take my dash apart to put it together so trying to squeeze the wiring for the switches up under the drivers side behind the center of the dash was a pain in the @$$ and I'm sure I must have wasted about 2 hours putting that in alone...I'm sure I could do it in a quarter the time now, but thats how that goes...JUST REMEMBER to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS...especially when it comes to hooking the wires up the the back of the switches MAKE SURE TO RUN THEM THROUGH THE SUPPLIED PLUGS FIRST, then plug the whole plug onto the back of the switch...I made the mistake of clipping each wire individually onto each prong on the switch then when I put the switches through the bezel some of them were touching, hence shorting out so I was blowing fuses left and right wondering why my windows didn't work....then I read the instructions....well, hope this helps out, pics would have been better I know, I will do better next time
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

here is a shortcut to the exact kit I got, the pic shows just about everything

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 03-25-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Woops, posted a direct link...deleted it though, hopefully noone mad
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

...and here is the 2-door or 4-door front only one...it looks like they're using those angled bezels similar to the ones for the rear doors in my kit so you can mount the switches to the doors themselves, probably where the window crank would go..cause I don't see those plugs like I have...sooooo if you were intersted in putting front only in and like my switches you may need to order different switches and bezels. Their Customer Service is awesome though

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 03-25-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: same here....just search the net for the company and follow their menus you can't go wrong
Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

I've ordered the kit from A1 and is should be arriving soon. I had a few quick questions for you that I don't think were addressed yet.

Did you purchase the oem dash panel for the four switches? If so, did they fit perfectly without modification? Also, is there a cutout in the oem dash panel for the "on/off" switch that you have mounted below the others?

Quick Reply: For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows