Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Apple CarPlay receivers - suggestions/comments?

Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
I wish Waze on ios8 worked with something out there right now. Putting off a purchase until that happens.
All over avic411.com there are people saying waze works great with the 4000nex and the HDMI adapter
Old 03-05-2015, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by momentofszen
All over avic411.com there are people saying waze works great with the 4000nex and the HDMI adapter
Really? With ios8?? I'll have to check it out

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4225539947.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	599918
Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Really? With ios8?? I'll have to check it out

Attachment 599918
I'm not 100% but I was browsing avic411 during a meeting yesterday (zzZZzZZzz) and read a bunch of posts. Seemed like people needed to do a little finagling. May not be 100% stable but I def read people saying they got it working. Good luck and godspeed

On a side note, loving this 4000nex.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not 100% but I was browsing avic411 during a meeting yesterday (zzZZzZZzz) and read a bunch of posts. Seemed like people needed to do a little finagling. May not be 100% stable but I def read people saying they got it working. Good luck and godspeed

On a side note, loving this 4000nex.
OKay well thanks for turning me on to that forum. I had no idea it existed.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

OKay well thanks for turning me on to that forum. I had no idea it existed.
No prob! It's like the jk-owners but for anything pioneer
Old 03-06-2015, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to check out that forum too. Still not sure which one to go with
Old 03-08-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed looking to do the same thing
Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

I will be installing mine today and take pics and give feedback. As far as I've read the screen is great. I picked the NEX over the basical avh5700 and what not due to people saying the speed and lag was next to 0 on the 4000nex.

I'll report back on the install too. As for the satellite, yea that was a deal breaker as I listen to XM more than anything.

As far as the android capability I have a few modified APKs I've found on forums that are supposed to allow for full screen mirroring on the 4000nex which will be awesome with my LG G3 and any/all apps.
hey bro did you finish your install?

also did you have to get an adapter for the antenna? I read somewhere that it was necessary to have an adapter from the stock antenna to the after market radio head unit. I'm installing an 8000NEX on my '14 JKU as soon as the radio comes in.. thanks!

anyone else know this question? thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by InvAdeReKiM
hey bro did you finish your install?

also did you have to get an adapter for the antenna? I read somewhere that it was necessary to have an adapter from the stock antenna to the after market radio head unit. I'm installing an 8000NEX on my '14 JKU as soon as the radio comes in.. thanks!

anyone else know this question? thanks in advance!
Yea I did finish it. The stock GPS antenna may fit the sirius adapter but it sucks. I switched to the sirius one and havent lost signal anywhere. As for the am/fm antenna adapter, you dont need the longer adapter you need the one that converts it to the pioneer size. Not exactly what it is
Old 03-11-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Yea I did finish it. The stock GPS antenna may fit the sirius adapter but it sucks. I switched to the sirius one and havent lost signal anywhere. As for the am/fm antenna adapter, you dont need the longer adapter you need the one that converts it to the pioneer size. Not exactly what it is
alright, thank you!

Would you be able to tell me how to install this head unit in my 2014 JKU? I have the stock radio with unconnected but not with gps.. I bought the maestro rr and the ch1 harness for it to use with Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge.
my goal is to be able to keep all of my steering wheel controls and functionality with the EVIC system. (the maestro website says it keeps everything and adds more to it as well..

What about the factory mic for Bluetooth? does this still work with the new Head unit?

thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay receivers - suggestions/comments?