JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Auxillary Light Switch Question (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/auxillary-light-switch-question-310651/)

Mark Doiron 09-19-2014 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 3983503)

In the link he says it's the same for the 3.8.

Well, I also don't have power windows. But I'll look at the link more carefully to see what I can learn.

Vladimer 09-19-2014 06:19 AM

Yeah I used the same wire on the 3.6 and the 3.8 so it is there (if you have p windows). Most manf. have the harness somewhere in there to save on costs so they don't need to remake a bunch of wiring harnesses. A portion of it might be further in the dash? The other option is in the driver footwell as the wire is also in there, but due to the pain of crawling under there I've never investigated as the dash is easier to work on.

14Sport 09-19-2014 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Vladimer (Post 3983565)
Yeah I used the same wire on the 3.6 and the 3.8 so it is there (if you have p windows). Most manf. have the harness somewhere in there to save on costs so they don't need to remake a bunch of wiring harnesses. A portion of it might be further in the dash? The other option is in the driver footwell as the wire is also in there, but due to the pain of crawling under there I've never investigated as the dash is easier to work on.

Would you happen to know if it's the same color, orange/grey, in the footwell?

Vladimer 09-19-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 3983571)
Would you happen to know if it's the same color, orange/grey, in the footwell?

From what I remember reading on the forums it was the same color, but that would be the extent of my knowledge on the footwell portion of the wire, sorry.

14Sport 09-19-2014 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Vladimer (Post 3983653)
From what I remember reading on the forums it was the same color, but that would be the extent of my knowledge on the footwell portion of the wire, sorry.

That helps a lot, Vlad. Thanks!

14Sport 10-10-2014 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron (Post 3983060)
And I'd like to rewire the existing sPOD lights switch to be an sPOD function switch--disable all sPOD switches unless that is turned on. This would prevent something silly like inadvertent actuation of the front locker while tooling down the Interstate at 75 MPH, LOL ...

I've been thinking about what you want to do, Mark.

Since there are 6 individual circuits coming in, the only options I see is to use the sPod button as a trigger for:

1. 6 SPST relays or 3 DPST relays, or
2. 1 DPST relay just for the lockers specifically, or
3. 1 solenoid between the battery and sPod feed.

Not sure of any better way to do it but I'll keep thinking.