Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Been a while

Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been a while

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and can already tell thy I'm goin to be using this forum a ton when upgrading my new jeep. I recently bought a 2014 4 door JK and have a couple questions. I have currently installed then130 uconnect radion and I'm disappointed in the sound so I want to upgrade the head unit. It's been a while and I'm looking at getting the Pioneer AHV-5600BHS but curious if I have to purchase a wiring harness for the JK (on top of the Sirius radio connector, iPhone control cable and mounting hardware)?

And for the second question, after I uninstall the stock uconnect system can I directly install it in place of my sister's bone stock radio with Sirius in her 2012 Patriot without any hassles or do I need to buy something to integrate it?

Thanks for your help guys!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1232995331.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	536639  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There won't be a Sirius radio adapter in this vehicle because Sirius is built into the radio. If you have steering wheel switches, then you'll need the adapter module for them to work.
Your sister's Patriot is a Low Speed CAN BUS vehicle and the Wrangler is a High Speed CAN BUS vehicle. So your Uconnect will not work. Besides you'd need to also buy a mic and harness. By that time you'd be better off just buying the MOPAR Uconnect kit.

Originally Posted by BigOfie
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and can already tell thy I'm goin to be using this forum a ton when upgrading my new jeep. I recently bought a 2014 4 door JK and have a couple questions. I have currently installed then130 uconnect radion and I'm disappointed in the sound so I want to upgrade the head unit. It's been a while and I'm looking at getting the Pioneer AHV-5600BHS but curious if I have to purchase a wiring harness for the JK (on top of the Sirius radio connector, iPhone control cable and mounting hardware)?

And for the second question, after I uninstall the stock uconnect system can I directly install it in place of my sister's bone stock radio with Sirius in her 2012 Patriot without any hassles or do I need to buy something to integrate it?

Thanks for your help guys!