Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best GPS ????

Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best GPS ????

What do you guys reccommend, and how much did you pay ?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the $$ I'd recommend the Garmin Street Pilot C550. Its an "older" system and a bit "bulky" compared to the slim Nuvi designs, but it's accurate as hell. It cost $399 at Best Buy and will track your ass to w/in 10ft. It gives turns by street name, will tell ou what side of the street to drive on (like on the highway) and what side of the street and address is on. It has been accurate w/in 1 minute when calculating arrival times, even on 30+ mile trips in rush-hour traffic. It has a battery to work outside the car, etc. There are others that do the same + more....but for the $$ you can't beat this one. BTW, it can even pronounce the street names correctly here in Hawaii. Now that's impressive! I was never a fan of GPS till I tried this one. It's downright wsome.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the Garman Jeep Trail Guide! It works great and fits out JK like a glove!

I did not lock it all the way in for the photo.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Schantin
For the $$ I'd recommend the Garmin Street Pilot C550. Its an "older" system and a bit "bulky" compared to the slim Nuvi designs, but it's accurate as hell. It cost $399 at Best Buy and will track your ass to w/in 10ft. It gives turns by street name, will tell ou what side of the street to drive on (like on the highway) and what side of the street and address is on. It has been accurate w/in 1 minute when calculating arrival times, even on 30+ mile trips in rush-hour traffic. It has a battery to work outside the car, etc. There are others that do the same + more....but for the $$ you can't beat this one. BTW, it can even pronounce the street names correctly here in Hawaii. Now that's impressive! I was never a fan of GPS till I tried this one. It's downright wsome.
You can get an extremely good, new Nuvi for $399, so don't buy an "older" system for the same price. My wife's Nuvi 3(50?) is excellent, and only cost ~$350. Would definitely buy again - it's kept me from being "lost" while riding out in the woods several times already!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

I got a factory referb Garmin Quest II for a little over $300.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a Quest II and Trail Guide mount. Love 'em.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Garmin 7200!!!

Check out this thread:
Garmin 7200 Install (Move over MyGig!)

Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at the Nuvi 650 for a while. The price at costco keeps dropping.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Garmin Streetpilot C580

I have a Garmin Streetpilot C580. I've been through quite a few and this one is the one I'll stick with for a long time to come. It speaks the street names, is the most accurate to date. It's got Bluetooth so if you have a bluetooth phone, you can just talk while you're driving and the caller's voice will come out of the GPS. You can also access your call history and address book right through your GPS. It also has MSN Direct (free for 1 year), which gives you movie showtimes, weather, traffic updates, etc. While I'm driving it will tell me "Approaching slow traffic" or "Entering scene of an accident in 3 miles". It's really badass and you can get one for about 350 bucks if you search on the internet. This is the 5th GPS I've had and I'll definitely stick with it. Hope this helps!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Nuvi 360 for the pavement, Garmin 60CSx for the dirt.

I paid $700 for the Nuvi a year and a half ago. You should only have to pay about half that now. The 60CSx was $300.

-Glen

Last edited by bikerglen; 10-30-2007 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Best GPS ????