Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best headlight replacement?

Old 06-30-2018, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold me

Originally Posted by OnBelay
JW Speaker without a question. We installed a set of JW Speaker back in 2013, before they integrated a capacitor to even out the PWM. We also chose to not add a capacitor or wiring harness of our own. In 2016, after what must have been millions of PWM power cycles (we run the lights day and night), one of the LEDs started to flicker and then finally failed.

This is why we are sold on JWS: instead of sending us an identical replacement, JWS decided they should send us TWO matching LEDs. Further, they decided to send us the upgraded model that has built-in capacitors. Further, since the cost of the newer units was less than what I paid for my older units, they sent me a REFUND CHECK for the price difference. 100% serious. Customer for life.

Better light output and patterns vs. anyone else, and unrivaled product support.
Ordered the J.W. Got them in one day. Installed and freakin awesom. Ordered the fogs to match. Sucks you buy a brand new Jeep and have to spend $$ to upgrade the lights
Old 08-03-2018, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

They are spendy, but JW Speakers are a solid choice.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Heated Trucklites if you are in an area prone to snow and freezing conditions. If not, the regular Trucklites ot the new ProComps are really nice for LED headlights.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Quadratec Gen II LED Headlights

i have the Quadratec Gen II LED Headlights there not bad for the price ($330), spread is pretty decent high and low and i do not notice much of a hot spot either but im on the fence of picking up a set of KC gravity headlights($413) found a set on amazon for about 80 bucks more than i paid for the qtech, if i would have found that deal first i would have never bought the qtech "big KC fan". not a fan of the JW speakers i dont like the projector bubble eye look.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

After running aftermarket LED headlights (JW) in our 2012, I am pretty impressed with the stock LED headlights/ foglights in my new 2017. Not sure what they would cost to upgrade to, but they throw out a bunch of light without blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
After running aftermarket LED headlights (JW) in our 2012, I am pretty impressed with the stock LED headlights/ foglights in my new 2017. Not sure what they would cost to upgrade to, but they throw out a bunch of light without blinding oncoming traffic.
you are not the first person iv herd say that im gunna look into them
Old 09-13-2018, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi

I am selling a new set of rigid truck lite LED headlights if you are interested. They are great headlights, have ran them on multiple jeeps in the past
Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JW Speaker!
Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkk9
Headlight Revolutions has several YouTube videos comparing the top performers. Very interesting, the actual differences between brands. You will be surprised. They will show and tell the pros and cons of each. Good Luck
This is the best suggestion in this thread. You can watch these videos and make an unbiased judgement for yourself. Anyone who purchased a set of headlights will say they are happy with them until they realize there are better out there. The Headlight Revolution videos are fantastic.

Quick Reply: Best headlight replacement?