Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Complete OTRATTW switch writeup in RR A pillar mount

Old 11-01-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a little confused with all of your examples. But re-read what I posted above. You have to jump the led that you want to come on when the lights come on to the middle pin of the switch, which is the wire that goes TO the lights. I don't know how else to explain it. The wording OTRATTW uses is REVERSED: the "input" is actually the output to the lights, and the two "outputs" are actually inputs. That's probably what you're confused about. The indicator led telling you your lights are on (in either rocker position) has to come from the center pin, which is the OUPUT pin to the lights (think of that little LED like you're thinking about your actual lights; if they're on, it needs to be on; wire that led off the same pin you powered the actual reverse lights from. It's literally your third light you're trying to illuminate with the switch itself). Call me tomorrow. I can explain this to you in 3 minutes. 314-680-2624

Your far right switch in the diagram above is sketched correctly. If you wire it that, that top led will come when you push the rocker up or down (when you gear into reverse)

Last edited by bobholthaus; 11-01-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got it all finished up. Thank you Bob for the help!

Just a note: on the ON/OFF/ON switch I had to swap the "hot wire" and "reverse input"

Quick Reply: Complete OTRATTW switch writeup in RR A pillar mount