Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Component speakers in front for JK? and alpine power pack KTP-445a

Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Component speakers in front for JK? and alpine power pack KTP-445a

Looking to put new polks in the front dash and rear bar. I have a 2011 2 door JK without infinity sound upgrade. Was going to get four Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch
Coaxial Speakers.

Do I need to go with component speakers in front and replace tweeter speakers and 6.5 inch ones. Or can I leave the tweeters in dash and just replace 6.5 inch woofer with the polk Coaxial Speakers?

I thought I could go with coaxial up front and leave tweeters alone but thought I would ask the JK'ers out there to be sure?

Also want to go with an alpine head unit and power pack alpine amp that can run off head unit alpine power pack KTP-445a? Any experience out there with this set up?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yetialan
Looking to put new polks in the front dash and rear bar. I have a 2011 2 door JK without infinity sound upgrade. Was going to get four Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch
Coaxial Speakers.

Do I need to go with component speakers in front and replace tweeter speakers and 6.5 inch ones. Or can I leave the tweeters in dash and just replace 6.5 inch woofer with the polk Coaxial Speakers?

I thought I could go with coaxial up front and leave tweeters alone but thought I would ask the JK'ers out there to be sure?

Also want to go with an alpine head unit and power pack alpine amp that can run off head unit alpine power pack KTP-445a? Any experience out there with this set up?

Thanks
Can't answer your specific head unit/amp question, but you will want component speakers up front and coaxial in the sound bar. You will regret not replacing the stock tweeter, and you don't want coaxials in the dash pointing to your knees.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Can't answer your specific head unit/amp question, but you will want component speakers up front and coaxial in the sound bar. You will regret not replacing the stock tweeter, and you don't want coaxials in the dash pointing to your knees.
OK thanks

Why wouldn't you want coax pointing at knees?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yetialan

OK thanks

Why wouldn't you want coax pointing at knees?
For the same reason you would not want your speakers in you're living room facing the wall instead of you! Haha. Oooops. Unless you have the Bose 901 "direct/reflecting" speakers that are designed to bounce off the wall then reflect sound to you. But at $10,000, most people opt out of Bose insanity well below that price point. Hah.

Sent from the fast lane while driving one handed.

Quick Reply: Component speakers in front for JK? and alpine power pack KTP-445a