Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Headlights

Old 04-04-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about the Switch

Hey BLKRUBI, did you still maintain your use of the fog light switch on the turn signal lever?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Ooooh, me rikey!!!

The site says they're DOT approved, which means the turn signal should be visible with the headlamps on. (unless they only had them approved for headlamp use)
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the other car is smaller the JK does well on head on crashes.. Back on the headlights,, I'd like to see them at night.. Having the turn in the headlight works well on some cars.. The newer MB for one.. you can see those signals even over the bright headlights..
I'm thinking about ordering a set to see how it looks..
Steve

Oh,, and it the 06 and 07 liberty that has the driving lights in the grill.. I can measure them in the am if anybody wants,, the wife has an 06.. I just dont have the replacement for my 07 yet..

Last edited by Cruiser; 04-04-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by csorensen
Blkrubi, Clackey.... what fog lights got used in the turn signal housing? How much were they?
The foglights did indeed come from a prius. They also come in a toyota highlander. I plan on switching out the bulbs to use a high/low beam combo bulb so they will work in conjunction with my highs and lows.

I have procrastinated this mod for over a year. Glad to see BLKRUBI took the ball and ran with it! I think I'm inspired to get it done now.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-05-2008, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Blue
Actually, that will depend on the situation and whether or not anyone survives the head on collision. What about lane changes in multi-lane roads and streets? Those alone could be tough in a rear view with the lights and the "night mirror" engaged.

As far as how an accident is written up, the officer is usually not their to see so how the hell his he or she going to write it up as they see it? Plus, if there are severe injuries or death, a major investigation is conducted.

I don't see these as a problem as far as the "bling" factor goes but shouldn't be the only signals and running lights on there.

Who said anything about a Head on? If it was a head on, shouldn't the oncoming vehicle see you, not your turn signals and if it's at night, shouldn't they see your headlights first? That statement makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe it's just me, but I usually turn my HEADLIGHTS on at night and don't run with just my marker/turn signals on. I also try to stay in my lane, not driving in oncoming traffic. As far as the police office writing it down as he "sees it", it was a figure of speech. The few times that I've been in a accident, the officer qustioned the involved participants, usually "investigating" the accident to determine how, what, and why it happened.

Just as an example, what's the difference between those headlights and these (Nissan 240)?

or these (the Mercedes ones)......

or these.......

or these......

They all have a turn signal integrated into the headlight housing each with location variances. How are they any different?

Gezz, I'm surprised some of you even leave your stinking house for fear of injury. Candy asses.

Originally Posted by Rubi-WAC
Hey BLKRUBI, did you still maintain your use of the fog light switch on the turn signal lever?
Yes, right now, I'm running the Mopar Fog lights (the rectangle lights) using my factory wiring and using some other wiring that I had installed to run the Prius lights. Both are operated off of the factory switch, but I will have to change things around. I have 100w bulbs that I'm going to put in the Mopar light and the factory harness won't run that high a wattage (but I'm going to try it first), so I'm probably have to swap my wiring around so the Prius lights use the factory wiring.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-05-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Looks good, the gen-right lights will be plenty bright enough.

As far as the other headlights with the turnsignals, theres nothing illegal about them,
Old 04-05-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Actually, that will depend on the situation and whether or not anyone survives the head on collision. What about lane changes in multi-lane roads and streets? Those alone could be tough in a rear view with the lights and the "night mirror" engaged.

As far as how an accident is written up, the officer is usually not their to see so how the hell his he or she going to write it up as they see it? Plus, if there are severe injuries or death, a major investigation is conducted.

I don't see these as a problem as far as the "bling" factor goes but shouldn't be the only signals and running lights on there.
Let's think about this for a second. You have the right of way to stay in your lane, and continue on straight, unless there is a stop signal, stop sign, or yield sign.

If you're headed straight down a 4 way intersection, and somebody is heading towards you in the opposite lane, that other person has The Right of way to turn to his right, or to continue straight. If he wanted to turn left, he would have to yield to you.

I don't see how not seeing turn signals changes the situation. I don't come to a stop to allow a person in the opposite direction of travel to cut in front of me .

And as far as lane changes go, what does that have to do with anything? I am only responsible for what is in front of me, until I'm going to make a lane change. At that point, I'm responsible for what's in front, behind and beside me. If I'm cruising down the highway staying in my lane, I'm not responsible for the man behind me looking to get into my lane .

Granted, a safe driver is aware of his surroundings at all times, I don't see how that changes anything. I see the rear turn signals being of much more importance than the fronts. And alllll of that being said, they claim to be DOT approved, meaning they're legal anyways.

As far as the headlamp mod goes..... . I was looking at what you did for a while now, BlkRubi. Did you just splice right into the stock turn signal wires???

Last edited by wayland1985; 04-05-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=h3+hid+k it+pair&Page=1

3 hid kits ...nice

Last edited by Robar; 04-05-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: edited non-sponsor link-- see faq
Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Let's think about this for a second. You have the right of way to stay in your lane, and continue on straight, unless there is a stop signal, stop sign, or yield sign.

If you're headed straight down a 4 way intersection, and somebody is heading towards you in the opposite lane, that other person has The Right of way to turn to his right, or to continue straight. If he wanted to turn left, he would have to yield to you.

I don't see how not seeing turn signals changes the situation. I don't come to a stop to allow a person in the opposite direction of travel to cut in front of me .

And as far as lane changes go, what does that have to do with anything? I am only responsible for what is in front of me, until I'm going to make a lane change. At that point, I'm responsible for what's in front, behind and beside me. I'm not responsible for the man behind me looking to get into my lane .

Granted, a safe driver is aware of his surroundings at all times, I don't see how that changes anybody. I see the rear turn signals being of much more importance than the fronts. And alllll of that being said, they claim to be DOT approved, meaning they're legal anyways.

As far as the headlamp mod goes..... . I was looking at what you did for a while now, BlkRubi. Did you just splice right into the stock turn signal wires???

Thanks for the backing Pigina and Wayland.

wayland, I'm actually running the Prius lights off of a seperate relay and wiring that I had set up for the aftermarket lights that I had in my previous Mopar bumper. The wiring had been just sitting there unused since my bumper swap. I just have the switched wire for the relay tapped into the positive wire for my factory fog harness so both sets of lights are running off of my factory switch but powered seperately. I have those temp turn signals tapped into the factory turn harness which is what the Gen Right lights will be hooked into.

Originally Posted by rolly
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=h3+hid+k it+pair&Page=1

h3 hid kit pair for jeep

What was this posted for? The Prius lights use 9006 bulbs and the Mopar's use H7's ans are getting matching temp bulbs but not HID's for now. The Hella's use H3's and will get HID's , along with adding another pair to the bumper that will also get HID's, after I'm done with my Gen Right's, my Solid Diff covers, and Expedition 1 skid plate.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-05-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985

And as far as lane changes go, what does that have to do with anything? I am only responsible for what is in front of me, until I'm going to make a lane change. At that point, I'm responsible for what's in front, behind and beside me. If I'm cruising down the highway staying in my lane, I'm not responsible for the man behind me looking to get into my lane .

I'm talking about the guy behind making a lane change the same time I am or a car in in outer lane moving to a center lane the same time I am. That's why you use the turn signals.

Granted, a safe driver is aware of his surroundings at all times, I don't see how that changes anything. I see the rear turn signals being of much more importance than the fronts. And alllll of that being said, they claim to be DOT approved, meaning they're legal anyways.

If you will look at my post, I said it will depend on the situation in response to the guy from Central Georgia saying it would automatically be the other persons fault if an accident occurred.

Its funny how all you guys conveniently over looked this sentence in my post

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Blue; 04-05-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Cool Headlights