Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dead Dash

Old 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Dash

Got in my 2010 JKUS to leave work this evening like I do every day. It's been raining heavy here in central Florida. Turned the key and the engine started right up. The wipers were going full blast so I tries to turn the off and they wouldn't turn off. The radio worked ok but the dash had no lights at all and none of the gauges were working. The Shifter wouldn't let me out of Park.

I shut the engine off and restarted a few time and same thing happened. Finally I wiggled the light switch and voila everything started working again.

If this is water related, it doesn't say much for Jeep toughness.

Anyone else seen this problem?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
Got in my 2010 JKUS to leave work this evening like I do every day. It's been raining heavy here in central Florida. Turned the key and the engine started right up. The wipers were going full blast so I tries to turn the off and they wouldn't turn off. The radio worked ok but the dash had no lights at all and none of the gauges were working. The Shifter wouldn't let me out of Park.

I shut the engine off and restarted a few time and same thing happened. Finally I wiggled the light switch and voila everything started working again.

If this is water related, it doesn't say much for Jeep toughness.

Anyone else seen this problem?
i have that issue right now, it rained alot here in colorado springs, co, and it caught me with the top down, my wipers wont turn off, and my signal lights wont turn on, i had to pull the wiper fuse to get them to turn off but as soon as i put it back in, they turn on, not sure what is causing that. also my headlight stay on all the time and i know for sure i dont have daytime running lights. they wont turn off, every thing in my dash works exept the lights

Last edited by JoabsJKS11; 06-09-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Default what's the word?

Quickenyo, any joy?

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 06-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default no luck yet

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
Quickenyo, any joy?
still nothing, i have not taken it to the dealer to get it looked at, been too busy wheeling. using hand signals for my turns.

Quick Reply: Dead Dash