Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Does U Connect part allow....

Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does U Connect part allow....

I have found the new Jeep part, #82211004AB-Hands Free Bluetooth Car Kit, Uconnect on the web and at a local Jeep dealership. My question and they could not answer, with this part does it activate the current U-Conncect button on my 6 CD player (non MyGig)? Or does it bypass that and use an alternative switch or process? I would like it if it actually uses the factory switches.
Thanks for any imput.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryjeans
I have found the new Jeep part, #82211004AB-Hands Free Bluetooth Car Kit, Uconnect on the web and at a local Jeep dealership. My question and they could not answer, with this part does it activate the current U-Conncect button on my 6 CD player (non MyGig)? Or does it bypass that and use an alternative switch or process? I would like it if it actually uses the factory switches.
Thanks for any imput.
Yes, it uses the buttons on the radio. It works like a charm, love mine! But beware if you are using an iphone do not update to 2.0.
It does not work with uconnect, I had to go back to 1.1.4.

Quick Reply: Does U Connect part allow....