Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect offered for 08 but not for 07

Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Uconnect offered for 08 but not for 07

I went to the Jeep web page and looked at the parts and accessories and noticed they now offer the bluetooth car kit for the uconnect. But if you change the vehicle to a 2007 model they don't offer it. Whats the deal? I thought there wasn't a difference. So does this mean if I were to buy it from the dealership I would have to go through all the crap everyone has gone through trying to explain to the tech that it could be done. Or have to try and convince them to try it? I have just read how so many people had to go and find a dealership that would be willing to try it, and I do not want to go through all that to get some thing to work.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Your describing it perfectly...
You'll have to convince them, or just buy the part, and do it yourself.

I guess the best (most informed) dealer employees go on to open their own shop. It would be nice to run into one on the rise, once in a while!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

I would install it myself. But my understanding is it then needs to be flashed or updated so your cpu will allow it to work. That is the part that will be the headache i think. Getting them to at least try to make it work.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Don't know if this site/link will help. http://www.justforjeeps.com/cesyuchafr.html

Been purchasing Mopar accessories from them of late. You can also download the installation instructions to see if this will be a task you can DIY or save for someone more qualified.

Note: They show it being available for 07 & 08 JK's, but the downloadable instructions don't list the 07. I would think if the 07 JK has a UConnect ready radio, then it should be feasable...but who am I?

Last edited by JKinNNY; 07-13-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, it works in the 07 as well as the 08's. But, beware if you are using an iphone, do not update to 2.0 it does not work with uconnect. I had to go back to 1.14 and it works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Uconnect offered for 08 but not for 07