Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Door chime irritation

Old 07-06-2019, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Door chime irritation

So, I've been searching for years for a way to to shut the ruddy door chime off! I want to listen to music while working around the car and that chime is the bane of my existence! Today I found this guy on YouTube with a simple solution : open door, two clicks of the latch that locks on the striker to trick car into thinking the door is shut. Peace at last. 😄
Be sure to operate inside door handle to open latch again to avoid breaking it when you slam the door shut!
The following users liked this post:
bamBam75 (11-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2020, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim the first
So, I've been searching for years for a way to to shut the ruddy door chime off! I want to listen to music while working around the car and that chime is the bane of my existence! Today I found this guy on YouTube with a simple solution : open door, two clicks of the latch that locks on the striker to trick car into thinking the door is shut. Peace at last. 😄
Be sure to operate inside door handle to open latch again to avoid breaking it when you slam the door shut!
just unplug the wire clip beside the clutch pedal...no interior lights but it sucks anyways unless your in the back !
The following users liked this post:
bamBam75 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim the first
HA it works!!!

Quick Reply: Door chime irritation