Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Has anybody installed the 115 inverter on a sport ?

Old 09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody installed the 115 inverter on a sport ?

Want to add the 115 volt inverter to my 2014 unlimited sport, anybody do this ? And may have the part numbers ??? I didn't want to buy a Sahara just for that .
Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 115 Inverter

Is the Center Console the same configuration as the Sahara? If so you should be able to go to the Dealer or Mopar and get the plug and play parts to install. Or there are a lot of aftermarket inverters out there. my JKU already has one located on the center console. I can see no reason If the outlet is the same location in the 2013 and 2014 you should not be able to set the center console parts to install it.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was disappointed to see that my Sport didn't come with one, but it hasn't been an issue, and I'm not sure it's an option I would have paid extra for.

If you want the stock look/location, that's one thing, and the stock Mopar parts are probably going to cost an unruly fortune.

But if you just want power, that's another thing. Aftermarket inverters are really cheap and they've gotten really small, especially if all you want to do is charge a cell phone with a regular A/C type outlet plug or run a small appliance. If you want to run a bigger appliance (more amps), you can buy inverters that hook directly to the battery. Or, you can buy inverters that run off a standard 12v cigarette lighter plug that will run a couple of small devices. You can keep it in the glove box or console when not using it. That's what we do.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I looked into this a while ago for my '11 sport. The part is not expensive, I was quoted $13 something from my dealer. I took the part# off a Sahara my neighbor had. The problem is that i don't think the X has the wire to plug the inverter to, so you essentially just buying the AC wall plug. Unless the connection is there hidden somewhere on the center console I added an extra USB plug on the inside of the center console next to the cigarette plug and routed a motion sensor for the alarm thru there and didn't find it...then again, I was not looking for it @ the time.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the input ! I just ordered this one , so I have to wait a few weeks to tackle this. I will let you guys know.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

OP - are you asking about the parts for a factory option? If so I suggest you get your hands on a parts manual and price it all out but be prepared for the shock of your life. I do not know what size you are looking for in wattage but alternately, if this is for a laptop charger etc, you could add a 500W inverter which would give about a comfortable 2-3A on the 120V side which would draw about 30A on the 12V side, at full load, and that would require a #8AWG wire which allows a bit of voltage drop factor over the #10 you could get away with using. You never get full rating from what it says on an inverter nameplate for long so thats why I suggest a 500W unit mounted perhaps under the seat and wired to the glovebox or dash. A #12 wire is all that is needed on the 120VAC side. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Has anybody installed the 115 inverter on a sport ?