Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...

Old 04-13-2018, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amt97
I found old copies of various firmware updates for this radio if anyone needs them. PM me.
Do you still have firmware version 9.110 if yes can you send it to me -:timsanogo@gmail.com
thank
The following users liked this post:
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 05-02-2018, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 730n RHR, it’s bricked. After screen calibration and master reset. It doesn’t even turn on or open. Does anyone know what to do now? Can I install software to re-flash it? If so, can anyone send me the firmware to my email - robsky87@icloud.com
thanks
Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Sorry for not paying attention to this thread for quite some time. I've got a copy of the old firmware here since the other site is long gone:

Download this ISO, burn it and you should be good to go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=116...lo7oJ3dtmgVzFg

Last edited by amt97; 12-13-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added instructions.
Fjmeneses (02-12-2020)
Old 03-22-2019, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry for not paying attention to this thread for quite some time. I've got a copy of the old firmware here since the other site is long gone:

Thanks very much. Was able to get the ISO image from this thread and was able to burn a copy on a CD. However, I am stuck as I could not press "YES" to confirm the update since the touchscreen is unresponsive. How were you able to do it on yours?

Your steps in the original thread is very helpful and gave me hope. I hope you can give assistance on this minor set back.

Thanks in advance!!
Fjmeneses (02-01-2020)
Old 10-04-2019, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Angry RHR 730n screen calibration

Has anyone found out any way at all to get in to a locked calibration screen on the RHR 730n? All the firmware versions I've found for the RHR starts with 2.### so I don't think the 9.### downgrades will work on it. I can get to the engineering menu using the hard keys on the side but since the screen doesn't work, can't page down and select "screen calibration" via the soft keys.

Is there maybe a way to jack some kind of external controller in to the resistive touch screen port where the circuit ribbon connects? I can't find anything to fix this issue for RHR anywhere on the internet. Stuck. Radio works but touchscreen is tweaked.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannwk
How do you update the software without being able to press "yes" on the screen? I am as stuck as a my gig touch screen after messing around with the calibration. Help!!!
so? It’s possible???
Old 01-31-2020, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RRM0221
Thanks very much. Was able to get the ISO image from this thread and was able to burn a copy on a CD. However, I am stuck as I could not press "YES" to confirm the update since the touchscreen is unresponsive. How were you able to do it on yours?

Your steps in the original thread is very helpful and gave me hope. I hope you can give assistance on this minor set back.

Thanks in advance!!
I have same problem. i can burn the CD, But i don't have way to press "Yes" bottom.
Sergio-jgch5.7 (12-28-2022)
Old 02-12-2020, 02:02 AM
JK Newbie

I know it's an old thread but doesn't seem to have been solved here (or anywhere). Has anyone ever figured out how to press "YES" on the update
Old 03-28-2020, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I'm stuck on the choose yes or no screen.

any options to choose yes if the screen's not working?
Old 12-28-2022, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Tengo el mismo problema hace ya 7 años-...Mygig REZ....version 9292....aun no puedo presionar SI.....
Alguien lo ha resuelto.???

Quick Reply: Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...