Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

esp/bas abs brake traction control lights

Old 04-07-2017, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esp/bas abs brake traction control lights

I have a 2010 Wrangler with a 4" lift sitting on 35s. Had an engine failure about a month ago and got the engine replaced through warranty. Now my esp/bas abs brake traction control lights won't shut off. Dealer said they couldn't figure it out without rewiring things which of course isn't under warranty. I think they are just trying to make some money. I ordered a flashcal as I'm guessing I need to reset the tire size on the ecu.

Also, about a week ago my brakes feel like they are sticking after being parked and off for a few minutes. They release after a few seconds driving sometimes. Could this be caused by the esp/bas or abs triggering? Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Jeves360; 04-07-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

You need to prob do a couple things. Check your brakes. If they are binding you may have a line bad or caliper piston seized. As far as the ESP abs you are prob going to need a scanner that you can monitor data on. We're the tires calibrated before the motor swap? If one of the wss are slightly erratic it may not throw a code. Is the steering wheel dead nuts centered?
Old 04-09-2017, 10:01 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeves360
I have a 2010 Wrangler with a 4" lift sitting on 35s. Had an engine failure about a month ago and got the engine replaced through warranty. Now my esp/bas abs brake traction control lights won't shut off. Dealer said they couldn't figure it out without rewiring things which of course isn't under warranty. I think they are just trying to make some money. I ordered a flashcal as I'm guessing I need to reset the tire size on the ecu.

Also, about a week ago my brakes feel like they are sticking after being parked and off for a few minutes. They release after a few seconds driving sometimes. Could this be caused by the esp/bas or abs triggering? Anyone have any suggestions?
What would they have to re-wire, and why?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dukdogz4
You need to prob do a couple things. Check your brakes. If they are binding you may have a line bad or caliper piston seized. As far as the ESP abs you are prob going to need a scanner that you can monitor data on. We're the tires calibrated before the motor swap? If one of the wss are slightly erratic it may not throw a code. Is the steering wheel dead nuts centered?
Im off today so I'll take the brakes apart and see what they look like. I thought of that being a possibility, but they only do this after the Jeep is turned off. If I'm just parked somewhere it's fine as long as its running. My flashcal comes in today so I will mess with that a bit and see what I get. When I purchased the Jeep it had 35s already I just swapped them out. I'm guessing it was calibrated as I ran it against a police radar sign and I was o lying off by like 1mph. The steering wheel seems fine but I'll look at that. Im open to any possibility. I don't want to keep driving it and screw something up worst. I also have to set the diff gear ratio which I don't know, any easy way to figure that out without taking it all apart? I can just would love to avoid that.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Did you resolve this

Originally Posted by Jeves360
Im off today so I'll take the brakes apart and see what they look like. I thought of that being a possibility, but they only do this after the Jeep is turned off. If I'm just parked somewhere it's fine as long as its running. My flashcal comes in today so I will mess with that a bit and see what I get. When I purchased the Jeep it had 35s already I just swapped them out. I'm guessing it was calibrated as I ran it against a police radar sign and I was o lying off by like 1mph. The steering wheel seems fine but I'll look at that. Im open to any possibility. I don't want to keep driving it and screw something up worst. I also have to set the diff gear ratio which I don't know, any easy way to figure that out without taking it all apart? I can just would love to avoid that.
Hoping that you figured this one out. I’m having the same exact same issues. ABS ESP/BAS and TC lights came on and Brakes seem to want to grab with little power. Lights stay on but brakes only do it right after start up and then it drives out decent. Tired of banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

Quick Reply: esp/bas abs brake traction control lights