Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

found a pass-thru on the firewall

Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClownBaby
Oh CRAP! my camera is gone for the whole week...my parents left for Eurpoe and took it w/ them....or else I'd show you guys the pic I was talking about for Manual Tranny JKs....It's right there, I can't believe I didn't see it before!
That is the one for the factory harness. It is a double walled grommet, I am having a hell of a time punching through it though. Any ideas on how to utilize it?

I am thinking of taking a short piece of hard walled tubing and forcing it between the existing grommet and the sheetmetal, then sealing around it with silicone.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

so what are the alternatives if yo ahve a manual tranny and that hole is plugged?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

asside from drilling your own hole and installing your own grommet.... which there is actually plenty of places to punch through....

the factory harness grommet, which (as mentioned) is double walled and difficult to get through ... but i think if you went to the trouble of removing the fender liner, it would be WAY easier.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default firewall

i have the manual jk. where is there another good place to punch through the firewall besides me drilling? that is the last thing i want to do. any help?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default firewall

thanks for the good info. where is the brake booster located at?if i start to drill, ill have to make sure not to hit anything important. last resort though.thepics show for auto, any pics for the manual one? thanks guys
Old 07-08-2007, 12:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default as posted earlier

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
Here's the hole location for the mechanically challenged.
the brake booster is behind the brake master cylinder. you canpush through the insulation from the outside with an inkpen. no need for tools if you use that hole.. provided you have an auto.

elsewhere, someone posted about finding a similar location on the passenger side. Cant be sure as I have not looked. On a side note, if you must drill, I would recommend the passenger side. There is nothing really in the way once you are below the HVAC stuff.

Last edited by b1pig; 07-08-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Nice, I used the same hole to wire my KC's through to the switch in the cockpit.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled the rubber grommet where the antenna goes in and used the round clip and put the KC lights on there and ran them in that way.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
Here's the hole location for the mechanically challenged. It is the hole for the clutch master cylinder if you have the manual. I took this picture back in November when I was wiring up my remote radar detector. I still haven't sealed the hole yet so I hope I do before fording any streams this summer.....

if you look to the left of the tip of the arrow he has drawn, look at the small black hose you see (not sure what it is, since i didn't follow it to its end, but it looks like it might be the hose to send windshield wiper fluid to the rear). follow that black hose to the firewall. it goes through a grommet in the firewall, about 4 inches above the one he is pointing to.

i used that hole. i just popped the grommet out with a screwdriver, then cut a notch in it to run wires through, then put it back into place. running the wires through the grommet allowed me to not have to run loom through there to protect the wires from the sheet metal.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default firewall

i tried to follow this black hose for the firewall. i couldnt find a good spot. does anyone have a better picture that i could use to finally go thru my firewall. i have the 4dr version manual transmission. my dash is apart for my speakers and also my led lights. i just need a good spot to run some wires to my battery for my led, and other lights. help.... im not worthy if you help me

Quick Reply: found a pass-thru on the firewall