Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Got flashed driving at night

Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper

Oh man i would love that second one!

*Note: in no way do i endorse flashing highbeams at another driver. to my knowledge it is illegal to do so. I merely want the ability to incinerate retinas on a whim if i did decide to do so. This is like MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction in the Nuclear arms race. I figure if some bozo is coming at me and turns on his highbeams, i vaporize a telephone pole next to him with my own blinding DeathRay.

This would be like say... ...Nuking Azerbaijan, to get Irans attention. He gets the point, doesnt get blinded, There isnt too much public outcry, and mostly everyone is happy.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
[snip]..and mostly everyone is happy.
Yeah, like the people who now don't have power.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better course of action...... ....I GOT IT!!!!

Mount one of those giant spot lights car dealerships have that they shine up into the air, on the top of your jk. Then when they do that flash their lights at you...AAAAAAAAAAA (it's supposed to a a chorus)....they are completely blinded.......................that or they are thinkin' "It's the ghost light!!! Run!!!" (Mater):toung:
I dunno-- is it that good an idea to have someone driving a huge, heavy hunk of metal toward you BLIND?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, like the people who now don't have power.
Well, i was going to say "Vaporize Bambi" but i thought i might irritate summa them super-sensitive treehugger types. I figured saying Nuke, Illegal, Bozo, and DeathRay all at once in reference to the middle east pretty much put me in direct conflict of just about every "politically correct" chunk of verbage on the planet.
So i was being nice. :toung:
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

hehe i distribute the golight line. They are seriously blinding And being able to swivel them at things is hours of enjoyment at the camp site :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper View Post
I have one of these.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ight&noImage=0

Or this would be better

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...164&hasJS=true

Oh man i would love that second one!

*Note: in no way do i endorse flashing highbeams at another driver. to my knowledge it is illegal to do so. I merely want the ability to incinerate retinas on a whim if i did decide to do so. This is like MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction in the Nuclear arms race. I figure if some bozo is coming at me and turns on his highbeams, i vaporize a telephone pole next to him with my own blinding DeathRay.

This would be like say... ...Nuking Azerbaijan, to get Irans attention. He gets the point, doesnt get blinded, There isnt too much public outcry, and mostly everyone is happy.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RooX
hehe i distribute the golight line. They are seriously blinding And being able to swivel them at things is hours of enjoyment at the camp site :P
Oh I can just imagine.....

Good thing I'll be doing lots of camping this summer.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi-lights

I got this all the time w/my old TJ with 4" lift on 33s...

so i usually just drove w/the fogs on (2 pair) until I got pulled over for it, once I explained to the cop why, he just said 'well, you still have to use your head lights'... so i do.

Now on 5.5" lift and 35s... my lights go OVER cars, not through them at traffic lights...

but my 1995 tahoe is the perfect size to blind everyone

Don't worry about it, just show them your high-beams...

by the way; my low's don't shut off with my hi-beams....

whoops

I have backup lights on all my cars too... when in R or a switch...

they should come standard...

'lets install lights for looks'...

only pontiac (a crappy company btw) has the IQ to use backup lights stock!

a simple pair of H355ws... c'mon, it doesn't take a JEANYUS
Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

My suggestion is to drive with the fog lights on.

When you switch from low to high beams the fog lights turn off and gives the oncoming a burst of what your brights are like.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Or maybe a crystal ball, those things can really irritate a person.

....or you could just confuse them by rolling down your window and waving to them.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
Someone else posted about the issue of having driver's flash their lights at you as they pass b/c they think you are riding with your brights on... it happened for the first time last week and since has happened around 15 times

My questions:

1. Who else has had this happen??

2. What kinda light should i rig up to flash back... something uber bright that will send the swerving into the trees?? j/k... kinda... well, maybe not

it is annoying b/c some people flash quickly and once and some asses turn them on and honk the horn all the way to you...

These work G R E A T !!!!!!

They come one in conjunction with my highbeams.Also got some 150w high beams bulbs in my garage to put on. (I need a relay)

I drive to and from everyday in the dark. Someone always flashes me with my lowbeams and fogs on.

They don't much like the highbeams any better

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 03-28-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Got flashed driving at night