Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Got flashed driving at night

Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm, is it me, or is the obvious answer being missed?

Check your headlights, and make certain that they are adjusted properly. Especially if you have a lift.

These lights are NOT too bright. If you're getting flashed, then there's something wrong.

BTW, I just orderd one of these;
Model Number MUL-4-C sealed, all-glass 80 watt lamp produces 2,750 Lux of illumination at 25 feet. The lamp is rated at 12 million candle power

https://www.magnalight.com/c-38-magn...potlights.aspx
Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha too funny, 450 kms on my rubi and last night some guy flashed me about 5 times then I finally turned on my brights. I bet he got a shock. Another thing, I have a 4 door, with tow package, and it seems like the highbeams are tilted too high. The regular lights are fine, but the highbeams I could see in some fog the beams go up and together like its cross eyed.

I dont suppose the highbeams can be adjusted seperately from the lowbeams huh? Oh, and mine is bone stock. So its not lifts. They are jsut good headlights I think.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thor Spot lights

Hey guys do a google search for the Thor Cyclops. I bought one for search and rescue. Its 20 Million candle power and tuns off a 12 volt dry cell battery like in emergency exit signs and also with a 12v power plug off the vehicle battery. Talk about a sunburn. The only brighter search light I have found is made by Bell Aircraft for search lights on helicopters. I couldn't convince the wife I needed a 15,000 dollar search light for the new JK. HAHAHA Chris
[
Old 03-28-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Every f-ing night!

I get flashed every time I drive. It doesnt help I have 6 inches of lift and 37's. I also have the LoD front bumper with the stock fog lights and they line up with on-coming traffics line of sight...too bad! Usually its a sissy in a mini-van or station wagon that flashes. I just laugh it off.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default flashed

Yeah, happens regularly. I have no big tires or lift. If they are perisitent, I will pull my high beams for a second, but I never blind them like some try to do me. I dunno, doesn't make a lot of sense...if I am in a car and your lights are blinding me and I put my high beams on to blind you in return...just seems sort of dangerous...both of us hurtling through space on a near collision course at a combined speed of somewhere around 100 mph and all we can see is each other's headlights...yeah, thats smart on my part

Old 03-29-2007, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Woods
Ummm, is it me, or is the obvious answer being missed?

Check your headlights, and make certain that they are adjusted properly. Especially if you have a lift.
It's you - I brought that up earlier in the thread.

Originally Posted by russredx
Yeah, happens regularly. I have no big tires or lift. If they are perisitent, I will pull my high beams for a second, but I never blind them like some try to do me. I dunno, doesn't make a lot of sense...if I am in a car and your lights are blinding me and I put my high beams on to blind you in return...just seems sort of dangerous...both of us hurtling through space on a near collision course at a combined speed of somewhere around 100 mph and all we can see is each other's headlights...yeah, thats smart on my part
I'm sorry - your brain and common sense are outweighing your testosterone and retaliatory spirit... please steer yourself to the nearest Man-shop for an immediate adjustment. :toung: Right on - I've heard of people playing "chicken" in the old days by rushing headlong at each other, and the first to swerve loses... that's DUMB, but I can't even imagine if you turned "chicken" into "bat" by rushing headlong at each other BLIND.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO@ "Bat"

i need to go find my whistle...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
LMAO@ "Bat"

i need to go find my whistle...
About time you laughed at something I wrote - you get me all the time!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
...you get me all the time!
Hey, hey now! None of that kind of talk. It's waaay to close to "you complete me" and that doesn't belong here.

An H3 forum, maybe, but not here.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I'm sorry - your brain and common sense are outweighing your testosterone and retaliatory spirit... please steer yourself to the nearest Man-shop for an immediate adjustment. :toung: Right on - I've heard of people playing "chicken" in the old days by rushing headlong at each other, and the first to swerve loses... that's DUMB, but I can't even imagine if you turned "chicken" into "bat" by rushing headlong at each other BLIND.

c'mon mjs, cut me some slack I did the manly thing yesterday and changed my own oil while it was still hot...plus I didn't mention that I flick boogers on the windshields of those who pull their high beams and leave them on as they pass.

Quick Reply: Got flashed driving at night