Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Got flashed driving at night

Old 04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting flashed pretty regularly myself. After installing the 3" lift and now the 3/4" spacers I'll definitely be clearing my calendar sometime soon to adjust the lights.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I havnt gotten flashed once and i put in the sylvania silverstar headlights and fogs........ its quite bright
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 100dollarman
I was getting flashed, too. It only takes a couple of minutes to adjust. The adjusting screws at 10 and 2 o clock are up/down adjusters. I did about 5 turns down. Now its not a problem.
Hey 100dollarman, is it safe to assume that by "turns down" you mean clockwise?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I wasnt specific because I cant remember for sure! I was adjusting while the lights were on against the garage door. I think it was "counter clock wise" to lower the beam. The nite coming back from our JK run the other day- I didnt get flashed once. Before I adjusted I probably would have been flashed 10 times. Also- the adj screw is a torx-- I couldnt find the right size- so I actually used an hex wrench that fit it enough to turn it. The other adj screws at 4 and 8 o clock are for left/rt adjustment- I did not adj those at all.
Thanks for the info, this is something I need to do as well. I I'll try to take notes
Old 04-16-2007, 03:48 AM
dsy
JK Freak

The other adj screws at 4 and 8 o clock are for left/rt adjustment- I did not adj those at all.
Unless they changed something with the later releases the US models are only adjustable up and down. Export models have the left, right adjustment screws also.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the adjustment tips- No more flashing! Now if I could just find the adjustments to make the girls START flashing....
Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldnt resist going out for a few minutes last night after bringing my Rubi home just to test the lights. I wanted to see if its as bad as it has been reported - and I must say I agree, the brights aren't that good. The lows are ok, lows+fogs are EXCELLENT. Highs work, but they seemed aimed too far away..I'll put it to the highway test soon.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got up/down and left/right adj. on mine. i got flashed a couple times, once on a highway, where i pulled up behind some dude, he got behind me and turned his on. after about 4 miles, i grew weary of this, slowed to about 25 until he was good and pissed, then pulled over. when he came up to ***** at me, i showed him what my high-beams were, politely requested he go **** himself for not giving another human the benefit of the doubt, and merrily went on my way.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by degenerate
i've got up/down and left/right adj. on mine. i got flashed a couple times, once on a highway, where i pulled up behind some dude, he got behind me and turned his on. after about 4 miles, i grew weary of this, slowed to about 25 until he was good and pissed, then pulled over. when he came up to ***** at me, i showed him what my high-beams were, politely requested he go **** himself for not giving another human the benefit of the doubt, and merrily went on my way.
God I would love someone to do that to me -- it would give me a chance to introduce him to my Keltec .380!

Quick Reply: Got flashed driving at night