Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Heeeaalllllp !!!!

Old 09-22-2014, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grim_creation
I hear it's pretty hit and miss with the optimas lately. Most bad reviews I've found were from 2/3 he years ago and not to many recent ones. Seems most of these manufacturers run on a cycle of about 5/7 years for goods and bads in production.

I myself just got an optima from autozone, works great. Only thing I didn't like about it was the sticker that said made made in mexico... can't we make anything here in the states/Canada anymore like this?
Nope, gotta pay all those middlemen instead of paying an american $20 an hour to make stuff.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grim_creation
I hear it's pretty hit and miss with the optimas lately. Most bad reviews I've found were from 2/3 he years ago and not to many recent ones. Seems most of these manufacturers run on a cycle of about 5/7 years for goods and bads in production.

I myself just got an optima from autozone, works great. Only thing I didn't like about it was the sticker that said made made in mexico... can't we make anything here in the states/Canada anymore like this?
Yes we can. It's called the Sears DieHard Platinum, and it's made here in the US of A by EnerSys Corp. The same company that makes the Odyssey. Has the same specs with a bit better warranty and lower price tag.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The die hard is a good one
Napa has east penn made agm batteries now, same people who make deka batteries.
Northstar agm I think is around 250-275, and has a 3 year warranty.

The die hard and Napa batteries are going to be the cheaper i would assume, the northstar is going to be the best as far as reserve power and best power under load. They can take an absolute beating.