Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help: Fog lights and turn signals swapped

Old 11-11-2015, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Fog lights and turn signals swapped

When I turn my blinker on (right or left) the fog light flashes instead. Vice versa when I turn my fogs on the blinkers turn on. At first it sounds like the wires are sealed; I already checked that a couple of times and obviously the wires can't be swapped because they're too short to reach the other set of lights.

Sorry if there is already another thread with this issue, I want able to find one. If there is one please post a link.

Much appreciated.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same Issue

I have the same issue, and it is very bothersome especially at night. I have done a lot of research on it and couldn't find any other threads. I am going to replace the multi-function switch within the next week because it seems like the switch is the root of many other problems involved with the fog lights and turn signals. I will be sure to let you know if it works or not.

2013 2-door sport
Old 04-07-2016, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carrdaniel14
I have the same issue, and it is very bothersome especially at night. I have done a lot of research on it and couldn't find any other threads. I am going to replace the multi-function switch within the next week because it seems like the switch is the root of many other problems involved with the fog lights and turn signals. I will be sure to let you know if it works or not.

2013 2-door sport
I had the dealership look at it, they said it's the TPIM and a new would cost several hundred. I don't remember the exact number but when I get a chance I'll go through my file and see. I didn't get a new, just been dealing with it. How'd multi-switch go?
Old 10-20-2023, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Fog light flashing Fix

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to post this here in case it helps someone out. I had the same issue with my 2012 JKU since I bought it (used). Fog lights flashed as turn signals and turn signals got brighter when fog light switch is on. I finally got around to fixing it and made a quick video about the process. Takes about an hour and not too difficult. Here's my video; hope it helps someone out
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (10-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Help: Fog lights and turn signals swapped