Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP, Hooking up CAM to Lockpick

Old 09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, Hooking up CAM to Lockpick

Got it to work just needed to update the software on the system itself.
But came up with another problem.
The lockpick acc power, backup cam, baby cam, and the right side plug
wont give out power anymore. Im guess one of the fuses burned out.

Last edited by yurka; 09-03-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default have you tried doing any of these....

have you tried these:
• If you will not be adding a rear view camera and wish to disable the automatic rear camera view, first place the vehicle in REVERSE. While the camera mode is activated, press the Uconnect(telephone) button and hold it for 7 seconds or until the screen returns you back to standard radio view. This will stop the Lockpick from enabling rear view camera viewing automatically when in REVERSE gear.
• If you decide later to add a rear view camera, simply place the vehicle in REVERSE and then press and hold the Uconnect button for 7 seconds or until the camera view is activated again. This will restore the automatic viewing enabled by the Lockpick.
• Even if you turn off the automatic rear camera view, the Lockpick will always allow you to manually enable a camera when desired simply by pressing the Uconnect button 2x within 2 seconds. This feature enables you to turn on a rear view camera at any time desired and view it while in any gear and in motion. To turn off the manual viewing of the camera, press the Uconnect button 2x again.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yurka
Tried everything, mygig just wont find the back up cam.
I hooked everything up ground to lockpick ground, positive to
the lockpick orange, than the video wire as well.
I keep pressing the uconnect button as instructed but the uconnect turns on
instead of the cam as stated. I tried double clicking holding for 7 seconds, nothing. On the lockpick I turned the first four switches on and the 5th off.
Their phone number and email is useless, they never respond, I have been waiting for 2 months. I wish I have bought the other brand now.
Does the camera work when you put it in reverse? If it does and you are just trying to get the backup camera when you are in drive the radio has to be on FM to work. You don't press the Uconnect button to get it to the camera, you press the power button. Turn the power off then back on and the camera screen should show if you have the radio on FM. Mine automatically pops up when I place the jeep in reverse.

Last edited by martij3; 09-02-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: HELP, Hooking up CAM to Lockpick