Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help selecting new LED headlights for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Spor

Old 11-01-2018, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help selecting new LED headlights for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Spor

I have been researching what headlights to get for my Jeep Wrangler 2012. I want LED, but I don't know what brand or what else to look for. Do I need the whole headlight or just a new bulb? I need them to project out like some of the new cars that are out there now. Can you help me? I also can't spend more than 350.00.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I ran a set of OMOTO (JW Speaker knock-off) from of ebay for a while. They are around $100 for the pair, you can get them with any color of halo you want, and they are actually pretty damn decent headlights.

this style: https://www.amazon.com/LED-Headlights-Signal-Jeep-Wrangler/dp/B00WM3WDXA
you will probably want to get a good antiflicker modules like these: https://www.quadratec.com/products/9...yABEgKKRfD_BwE

I had zero issues with them for a couple of years until we sold our 2012 and bought the new 2017 with factory LEDs.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Check out Quadratec LED's... I run in both my JKU's... Very Good.. in the $$ range.. call and ask for Forum member discounts TOO.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrate...ep-wrangler-jk

Old 11-06-2018, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently running some similar to the one's hivoltage linked to. About $100 on Amazon, same style with the halo, just boxed under a different random brand name like they do with so much of that stuff now. The lights themselves are great, had them for over a year. I do get some occasional flickering on Hi Beam, even with an anti-flicker module, but I rarely use high beams so it doesn't bother me for the price.

Previously I tried SilverStar bulbs, which were better than stock but not nearly as good as the LEDs. I'm not sure how a well a replacement LED bulb would work in the original enclosure either. I would think you might have heat issues and the reflector is designed for a traditional bulb.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll double down on the quadratec. $330 out the door with excellent build and module. I have been very pleased with mine. If nobody mentioned if you do get LEDs, any LED, get a pair of the horizontal adjustment screws. The stock housing only adjusts up and down. With any new LED it will reflect differently and you will absolutely want to adjust the lights in and out. Don't get aftermarket bulbs. Lest you be one of those dudes throwing light everywhere blinding everyone else while you can only see 10 feet farther.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORA Night Guard LED Headlights (Pair) for Jeeps, Motorcycles & More - Off Road Additions LLC

I have the first generation of these. Got them about 3 years ago and have loved them since the first day, night, I put them in. This is the 2nd gen and I'm sure they're better.
Good Luck

Last edited by RoccoV; 11-11-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Help selecting new LED headlights for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Spor