Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HID signals not working?

Old 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID signals not working?

Hey so i just got a HID kit for my jeep and the signals dont work in the front now. So i heard about can-bus cancellers. Installed them and still nothing. I then removed the negative terminal kn the battery and still nothing. Does anyone know what i should get or how i can fix this issue so my front signals work again with my hid's?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stupid question. Are you sure they are plugged in? I have never seen adding HIDs EVER cause the signals to malfunction. I have seen techs forget to plug things back together though. Several times.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah there is apparently another issue. Check plugs and fuses for the parking lamps.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Collyn
Stupid question. Are you sure they are plugged in? I have never seen adding HIDs EVER cause the signals to malfunction. I have seen techs forget to plug things back together though. Several times.
Yes everything's plugged in right.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bombout800
Yeah there is apparently another issue. Check plugs and fuses for the parking lamps.
All head light plugs r good ill check fuses but i heard its because the computer senses a burnt out light because hids dont use as much power as a normal light bulb. I know dodge n jeeps have problems with hids cuz my buddys dodge needed the canbus things then my buddies srt8 jeep flickered like no other.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Well if the computer saw a burn out, you wouldn't be the only one I've seen on here with this issue. Try and check your fuses, and pull both bulbs. Check for blown bulbs.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bombout800
Well if the computer saw a burn out, you wouldn't be the only one I've seen on here with this issue. Try and check your fuses, and pull both bulbs. Check for blown bulbs.
Hmm ya thats what ill do ill check out all my bulbs and fuses. But only the left wasnt working then i switched my ballast cuz one burned out. Then the other light stopped working. Ill go over my whole system and see if i can find it.

Quick Reply: HID signals not working?