Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How Many Preamps for PDX-5

Old 08-24-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many Preamps for PDX-5

Newbie question. Im looking for headunits for a new build and plan to use a PDX-5. As I understand it, the amp is a five channel amp. Do I need a headunit with at least 5 preamp outputs or is there another way to accomplish this. The headunit I like says it has 4 preamp outputs. - Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ideally, you want a radio with a separate sub output so you can individually adjust the sub output.

If the deck you pick only has front and rear outputs you can still use it with the PDX5, you just wont have independent sub control.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated before...The other way to accomplish is to split one set of RCAs. Run the fronts straight from the H/U to the amp. Run the rears to the amp and install the splitter there. When you turn on the stereo, set the amplifier gains to get the fade close to what you want. You can then tweak it to where you want it in the H/U setup.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have four sets or 4 pre amp outputs. Four sets would be front, rear, center and sub. If it's just four it's front rear.

Quick Reply: How Many Preamps for PDX-5