Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

I Need Info About The Sudwoofer For 2011's

Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Info About The Sudwoofer For 2011's

I just purchased a 2011 Sport Unlimited with the 6 speaker stereo system. I would like to install the factory Sub in the back for the sound and the for the power outlet that comes with it. Are subs readily available and did Jeep put the wiring in for the system when building the car with the anticipation that it may be apart of the options as the car went down the production line?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 09, it has an unused harness with a plug under the carpet by the left rear wheel well, I don't have the factory sub, I'm guessing that is what it is for. No conformation on this, I have posted a question on here about it before with no sure responses. Lift up the rear carpet in the area where the sub mounts, see what you have. No doubt that manufactures often run the same wiring in all vehicle trims.

Why the factory sub? For the same money, It wouldn't take much for an aftermarket unit to out perform it.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
I have an 09, it has an unused harness with a plug under the carpet by the left rear wheel well, I don't have the factory sub, I'm guessing that is what it is for. No conformation on this, I have posted a question on here about it before with no sure responses. Lift up the rear carpet in the area where the sub mounts, see what you have. No doubt that manufactures often run the same wiring in all vehicle trims.

Why the factory sub? For the same money, It wouldn't take much for an aftermarket unit to out perform it.
I want to go with the factory sub because it has the electric out let built in. And I thought it would be easier to install if the the wiring harness was already there Thank you for the reply
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

My buddie works at the stealership so i asked him to look for you ....

and yes.... it does have the harness even if it does not have the sub.

Not sure about the Amp tho...
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

go aftermarket with your sub. the little stock one blowwws.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32
go aftermarket with your sub. the little stock one blowwws.
x2
I agree 100%
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need to get the infinity amp.... If you only have the base radio. Get a aftermarket HU and run an amp: sub or get an amp run a LOC and keep your factory HU.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got my JL stealthbox installed today oh and this is my 200th post by the way. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quick Reply: I Need Info About The Sudwoofer For 2011's