Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

I want to add factory remote start

Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to add factory remote start

I see the kit on places like quadratec, so I call and ask the stealership, and they say I have to buy the kit from them, and that it would take them about 4 hours to install at $115 an hour. I have seen the kit online, how on earth does it take 4 hours to install? I will admit it may be beyond my skills to install it but it looks like it would take an idiot like me 1-2 hours, and a pro mech that has done it before 15-30 minutes. What am I missing here?
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Read the 27 pages of instructions here http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/195210.pdf

It looks like only the dealer can program it. Can't really blame them for wanting to sell the parts and install it, too.

Four hours may be a bit much, but how many do you suppose they have installed? Could take more or less than 4 hours.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

You are right, I did some more digging and found they sell plug and play ones idiots like me can install in under an hour, that start when you hit the lock button 3x (I only wanted factory because it would use a single key fob) so I will be going plug and play all the way. thanks people!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

What brand remote starter did you end up purchasing and how much was it?
Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
You are right, I did some more digging and found they sell plug and play ones idiots like me can install in under an hour, that start when you hit the lock button 3x (I only wanted factory because it would use a single key fob) so I will be going plug and play all the way. thanks people!

Quick Reply: I want to add factory remote start