Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Basslink

Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one too, AWESOME deal by the way!!!

All you need to buy is some wire that's at least 12 gauge, preferably 10 gauge. (Buy wire by the foot, or buy an AMP kit...whichever would be cheaper just to get the wire) This would be for the power and ground, use the "speaker level inputs" that come with the unit to tap into the DASH speakers to get the signal to the Basslink....I wouldn't recommend tapping into the soundbar speakers because the HU limits the amount of bass going to the soundbar, so you probably wouldn't get as good of a signal as you would with the dash speakers.

Run the power wire as stated above through the passenger side "foam filled hole"....take the side panel off the dash and you'll see it right next to the end of the dash....just poke through it with a coat hanger or something and it comes out right next to the battery.

I grounded mine at the rear gate latch , I took out one of the bolts holding the latch on and attatched the ground there.

That's it....really easy. Good Luck!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

So you guys that have this, do you all have the factory amp and am I to assume that since your tapping into the speaker wires at the dash that it is already a powered signal that you are taking back to the bass link? is that ok to do?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rescue Bean
So you guys that have this, do you all have the factory amp and am I to assume that since your tapping into the speaker wires at the dash that it is already a powered signal that you are taking back to the bass link? is that ok to do?
Yep, factory amp/head unit...all you need is the "signal" from the radio, the Basslink will power it with its built in amp....so the factory radio and speakers will not be affected.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

How you get it for $60, i just looked online at bestbuy and they are $300. I will have to check my local bestbuy
Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sahara
How you get it for $60, i just looked online at bestbuy and they are $300. I will have to check my local bestbuy

Yeah, me to. I wonder how long the sale is, or if this was just for that one store?

Either way, I hate you!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Best buy messes up price A LOT! I have a 42" xbr 2 to prove it. I got it around last christmas, retail at the time was $3500. I paid $1599, and yes I watched some one get fired over it .

The way it worked in the store I picked it up, they caught the price with me and called all the area best buys to correct it in there systems.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it was on CLEARANCE AHAHAHA i know thats why i jumped on that priced i asked the guy if it was right, he laughed at me but i got him back by buying the thing for $60!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to my local best buy yesterday, and it was still $199.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Post some pics of your install up once complete. I'd love to see how this turns out for ya, especially at the bargain price of a paper walmart pos subwoofer.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm going to go get it installed one of these days, i haven't looked yet but i'm going to go see where it would best fit, or even if i could take the lid off of the secret compartment in the back and do something really cool and anti-theft maybe probably nothing special but if i went crazy with it and didn't get a basslink it'd make it really cool with coverings and plexiglass stuff but most likely not i'll let you guys know how it turns out and post some pics when it's done of the unit and remote i can't wait

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink