Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Basslink

Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default =I Am The Happiest=

so after a week of being really sick, and this past week i'm finally almost % better from being blind by a severe eye infection i put my contacts in got out of the house and went for a drive. i ended up at Best Buy. lol while lookin at car audio for some random reason i saw that they had an Infinity Bass Link 10" Subwoofer self powered with a 200w amp. i looked at the proce and was shocked, i new today would be a good day. The tag on the shelf said "10 inch sub self-powered 59.99" i quickly asked if this was true only to be laughed at. the guy said sorry sir those things sell for $300, but i'll check. he came back amazed that the price was true! i called my buddies and ran home for some quick cash and bought it on the spot, they had onnneeee left. making me so freeking happy until i found out that they could install it after buying the cables and wires for a nominal fee. this fee was like $71 and i didn't have that on me so i just bought the basslink and would maybe come back for an instal. i have the basic stock system. and this is what $63.84 (after tax) got me

Old 02-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good find. You can probably get the cables somewhere online for allot cheaper. Best Buy is not a best buy in allot of cases.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

which cables do i need i know some people on here did it with quick connect RCA cables but i don't really know what i need or how to do it so i'm just gona wait and take it to go get installed i figured they could mount my remote and do all the wiring so it looks nice
Old 02-17-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Default Infinity Basslink

$60 here's where it got me

now how to instal?
where/how to run the wires to power and if there are RCA outputs on back of stereo

Last edited by Yamaha90; 02-17-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
$60 here's where it got me

now how to instal?
where/how to run the wires to power and if there are RCA outputs on back of stereo
There are NO OUTPUTS on the back.

What you'll have to do is tap in at the line level and run power back there as well. Just use your existing line level for the sub if you have the infinity system, otherwise - tap into the line level at the front speakers and run your RCAs from there along with your power.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW....thats a freakin awesome price. Good find.

I have had that same Basslink for a good 8 years and its been in 3 different vehicles and never let me down, and its got some kick for a little self powered 10".

Good luck with the install.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
There are NO OUTPUTS on the back.

What you'll have to do is tap in at the line level and run power back there as well. Just use your existing line level for the sub if you have the infinity system, otherwise - tap into the line level at the front speakers and run your RCAs from there along with your power.
line level? what is it and how would i tap into it, and if there are no outputs on the back where would i use the RCA cables, also what to use for the power line.. they probably had all these things at bestbuy but he said all the cables would run $60 but i was too excited to wait and bought the unit and ran b/c i felt like i stole it at that price. i'll just need to go and find which cables i need and get them somewhere where it's alot cheaper
then have them instal it
i'm a technical person but not that technical i don't wanna mess it up
Old 02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

you only use RCA cables for that if you're coming out of an amp.And even then - they would be speaker wires with RCA jacks on the end of them. Hmmmm. Thats a novel way to make people spend $$$
Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed my own basslink. It was the first thing I had ever installed in any vehicle, much less a brand new one. I believe you should have everything you need to install except for your power and ground wire and possibly the solderless connectors. I made the mistake of buying a cable kit only to realise I had most of them already. You got yours at such a good price that you'd still be getting a good deal with the expensive kit. You'd be absolutely sure to have all the parts that way.

The install is very easy, I put my unit on top of the cover for the rear cargo compartment. I simply positioned it so that it was close to the door latch on the left of the vehicle (for tailgate) for the ground. I also took care to make sure I could still close the gate and fold the seats forward since I have the 2-door. I put the screws to hold it down right into the cargo cover, its very easy since it takes 10 seconds a screw and seems secure enough. I hooked into the front speaker wires right under the dash for the inputs by cutting them and tying in the sub inputs. The last things to do is simply run your ground to the door latch for the tail gate, run your power cable to the batter (through the foam filled hole in the passenger side of the firewall, it comes out right behind the battery) and tune it till it sounds right to you.

That's my speedy write-up anyways. If you drink enough caffeine it should makes sense to you. There are other write-ups around the site I imagine.

If you have any specific questions you can ask me. Pictures may be a pain though because I'm stuck on dial-up here.

Last edited by echofoxtrot; 02-18-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

cool i may try that thanks alot u guys

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink