Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Sound System (factory installed) need answers

Old 03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nitro amp

...anybody have a part no. for the Nitro Amp...?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the kicker amp is it the same as the nitro amap
the kicker amp is 77kick46 from mopar
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think so. from what i heard on the forums it is not worth the money. I got the nitro amp from here and works for me:

http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/par...layCatalogid=0

price went up i got mine last year for $125. another alternative i would think is you could remove the infinity system all together and look go for a separate amp or look at the Alpine KTP-445. It's constant 45 watts RMS:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Since we are talking about the infinity system......where is the crossover for the tweeters? I thought i remember reading different threads that said different things. Is it done by the amp or does the tweeter have a built in crossover. If it is done by the amp, will the nitro amp do this as well?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The amp itself does the x-over. So if you get a component speaker set, just use the included component x-over on the tweeters only. I have polk db component on mine and sounds way better than the stock pos
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by enzo319
The amp itself does the x-over. So if you get a component speaker set, just use the included component x-over on the tweeters only. I have polk db component on mine and sounds way better than the stock pos
If the amp is doing the crossover on the factory speakers why wouldn't it do it for aftermarket speakers? Assuming you are using the stock wiring.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

it will. i just used the included x-over that came with my component set as an extra level since it crosses over at the recommended specs to those tweeters. i may or may not have done the 'correct' thing and im sure someone may say i should not use a crossover if something is already crossed over. But to me, it sounds alot better. i tried my aftermarkets without the crossover on the tweeters and it sounded like @ss, plus the volume was kinda low. try it out 4 urself and see what u think. My theory was that on the aftermarkets, there is a gain level on the included crossover and i put mine all the way up, with the freedom top panels removed, i can still hear the music great at 75 mph.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Can't argue with going with what works

Quick Reply: Infinity Sound System (factory installed) need answers