Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installed an RBZ Mygig in my 2012 JKU

Old 07-15-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine will not recognize my Iphone either. It did take my pictures and music from a thumb drive no problem. Its a Apple thing I think, all my music was standard windows "wav" file format. I think you need a loc-pic to use Iphone data.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ngiovas

Mine is also green. I haven't seen one with blue lights. I'm not sure which vehicle uses blue interior lighting.
I rented a Town and Country for work a few weeks ago. It was a 2012 and the lights on the RBZ were blue. Not sure if it has multicolor lights in them and being in a jeep it knows to go green.

The trim ring on the T&C comes off really easy. I was tempted but I was good!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3318598338.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	343791  

Last edited by notyou21; 07-21-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Without using the search function, and without reading all the replies to this thread, can someone answer the following for me please? I have a base 2012 sport with Sirius, connectivity package, and uconnect. I want to drop in one of these units, but want it to have nav. Which unit is that one, and is there a gps antenna that I'd have to mount somewhere (if so, where do I mount that?)

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are a few nav units that will work with your jeep. Do a search for mygig nav and see what comes up. You need to make sure you buy a unit for a high speed bus. Yes, you will need to add a GPS antenna if you don't have one now. Do some research though, because there are differences between the units.

This thread is really focused on the RBZ which is the non-nav unit.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smirak
Without using the search function, and without reading all the replies to this thread, can someone answer the following for me please? I have a base 2012 sport with Sirius, connectivity package, and uconnect. I want to drop in one of these units, but want it to have nav. Which unit is that one, and is there a gps antenna that I'd have to mount somewhere (if so, where do I mount that?)

Thanks!
If you get the RHB mygig out of a 2012 like I did. Then you do not need by an antenna. The 2011-2012 RHB mygigs use the existing Sirius antenna for the gps. I bought 2 RHB's and had no issue with either untis and Nav works perfect.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

I just purchased a RBZ non-nav radio off of Ebay for my 2012 Rubicon. Is this simply a plug n play swap or otherwise? I currently have an RES/RSC radio, with no Uconnect or connectivity options. I do have free Sirius Satellite until October.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
I just purchased a RBZ non-nav radio off of Ebay for my 2012 Rubicon. Is this simply a plug n play swap or otherwise? I currently have an RES/RSC radio, with no Uconnect or connectivity options. I do have free Sirius Satellite until October.
Yep...its plug and play. I recently bought one from ebay as well. Everything works great except the radio. Reception is choppy for some reason. The seller is letting me return it and he is going to send me another one. Let me know if you have the same issue.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vr6powr
Yep...its plug and play. I recently bought one from ebay as well. Everything works great except the radio. Reception is choppy for some reason. The seller is letting me return it and he is going to send me another one. Let me know if you have the same issue.
Will do... probably be a week or so before I receive and get it installed...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default "free trial offer"

Yep, it will be a simple Plug & Play. As your free sirius radio will NOT transfer to the other radio. Now.... the RBZ radio that I bought was in an 2011 Durango and had never been activated yet. So when I called them "Sirius", I was ready to have to pay for a year subscription... and when I gave him the sirius ID number off the back of the radio, the guy says, "you are entitled for a 1 year free trial", I about crapped myself. I said are you sure? I am NOT complaining I just want to be sure I am not going to get a bil for $100.00 in a couple weeks. He said yep I am sure. So dont be afaid to ask about a free trial since you have a
different radio ID#.
Just my story...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

Just saying for everybody sould ask when you change OEM radio's..... Just ask for a "free trial subscription" the worst they could
say is No.

Quick Reply: Installed an RBZ Mygig in my 2012 JKU