Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ipcw led taillights

Old 04-06-2014, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipcw led taillights

Hey boys and girls, got a question, I was hoping someone could enlighten me a bit. I got these taillights, easy to install, look really good, BUT. On the side of the housing, there are 2 l.e.d.'s that light up with the driving lights, can anyone explain why there is nothing covering it? If water gets in there (which it will) it will contact the circuit board. WTF is that? Anyone else's have these? Is this normal? Anybody have a different type of l.e.d. Taillight?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3703713036.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	543583

These are the lights
Old 04-06-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I got the ANZO lights the back is no exposed I do t think having the circuit board exposed is such a good idea.

Name:	image-2774939995.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	543586

Name:	image-1893196180.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	543587

Name:	image-1622577343.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	543588
Old 04-06-2014, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

It seems to be sealed somewhere. I pressure washer mine all the time spraying water all over it. It was a concern when I opened the box.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Boo-Yah!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. I was concerned too. It just seems a little odd, that it says not to wet the circuit board, but they exposed on the side. I was thinking of silicon in the openings. But then it'll look like shit. Any recommendations???
Old 04-30-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Water Always Wins

I recenlty placed the Anzo front signals in my JKU and I used some hot glue to seal some small holes in the LED lamp Assy. Manufacturer defect i'd say.
Has worked so far.

Hot glue the crap out of it and place a water proof layer of glue over the board. Hot glue does not conduct. I would however test a small location on the board to make sure the glue is not hot enough to take the coating/lamination off the board. Sort of like spot remover for carpet.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marty C
I recenlty placed the Anzo front signals in my JKU and I used some hot glue to seal some small holes in the LED lamp Assy. Manufacturer defect i'd say.
Has worked so far.

Hot glue the crap out of it and place a water proof layer of glue over the board. Hot glue does not conduct. I would however test a small location on the board to make sure the glue is not hot enough to take the coating/lamination off the board. Sort of like spot remover for carpet.
Most forms of hot glue melt well below the failing temp of most electronic parts since they must endure the momentary temp of soldering which is around 350-400f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have these and one of the side marker lights is out. Also they say plug n play, well that lasted about two weeks before I got hyperflash in my pass side light. IPCW did send me some diodes to piggyback and fix this, but now the drivers side one picks when it wants to work and not hyperflash. I do like the looks of these (I got the Bermuda Black ones) but with the hassles, I'd stay clear.

Quick Reply: Ipcw led taillights