Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPhone 2.0 and uConnect

Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a non-MyGIG system with uConnect module installed. The uConnect module came with a mic.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both our iPhones work intermittently now, there is still a glitch I guess, oh well it will just take some time, but they will eventually get it.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,
Yeah I'm a little pissed that I now can not use my Iphone (1st generation w/2.01 ) with the uconnect anymore it will not even pair now. I read online that you can revert back to 1.14 but you have to delete the update of Itunes also ..U have to go back to 7.5 I believe. I am going to try it this weekend because I hate not having the availability of the hands free as I am in my Jeep on the road a lot for work. Apple will most definitely not make this a priority and until they do no more updates for me. Of course now they are offering uconnect in Jeeps and the most popular phone won't work....go figure!
I was thinking of getting the new one but really don't need it yet so I will revert my software.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone tried 2.0.2 with Uconnect?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rohantmh
Has anyone tried 2.0.2 with Uconnect?
Yep. Running fine... still not passing through caller name from the iPhone adressbook, but calling goes fine.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BelgianJK
Yep. Running fine... still not passing through caller name from the iPhone adressbook, but calling goes fine.
anyone with a non-mygig radio?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let me see if I can get the iPhone away from my g/f to try it

I have the 6DVD system with Sirius and no go with the 2.0.2 iPhone. Music plays from the iPhone, but it won't charge and no hand free features.

It appears to pair fine, but I can't get the UConnect to actually use it :(

Last edited by Octo; 08-26-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have myGig. I hook up the iPhone thru the AUX port. Occationaly there's a bit of an echo on the other end, but it hasn't seemed to bother the people I call.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I borrowed a friend's 1st Generation iPhone the other day and tried it in my Jeep.

It charged just fine, but I never had time to try the bluetooth functionality.

I did a bit of searching online and found that the iPhone 3G will no longer charge over Firewire. I'm not certain if a new cable can be produced to allow USB charging or what. I did find one online vendor who is building an adapter that will produce the required voltage on the required pins, not certain of the cost.

It also looks like iPhone 2.1 will be available in a couple of days, so it should be interesting.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I upgraded my g/f's iPhone 3G to 2.1 and then tried to pair it to my Jeep and for the first time it paired correctly and I was able to have a call go through without issue.

I wasn't able to do much testing, but it paired and the call completed.

Now I just need to see about the charging problem and I might consider one for myself.

Quick Reply: iPhone 2.0 and uConnect